Are these wheels worth anything? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Or sought after? 16" x 8" 0mm offset.

hanayamaprecious_img450x600_1428487081dao8yu2695.jpg

seems like I saw a thread recently where someone was looking for stock Toyota steelies. Classic looking ~

YOu might get some interest on the 80 forum

42601-60361

I think you can still buy them new for about $160/ea

Probably heavy as hell. Talk about snapping axles, decreased gas mileage and engine strain.

Weight is ~44 pounds a copy, and it was the standard equipment wheel for FZJ80 1993-97

TMS USA ordered virtually all 80s with alloy wheels. It was a 500 dollar add for 5 wheels.

Yes in the USA. It is a very rare item.

As I stated in post #9 TMS USA ordered virtually all 80 series Land Cruisers with optional alloy wheels. Not "all", rather "virtually all".

A few 93s came in that way and in later production there was a handful ordered without sunroofs or third row seats and with standard wheels. It was some sort of a fleet deal I believe.

The wheels have always been available here as replacement parts and I have sold several sets through the years. I am running a set on my BJ74. New ones can be had for ~160 bucks a copy.

IMGP2858[1].JPG

Last edited:
What about post # 7? Is the word "standard" your loop hole? It seems to me if virtually all came with alloys that would be "standard equipment". "standard equipment wheel for FZJ80 1993-97" Yes maybe globally but not domestically.

Furthermore that is very heavy. But they are very heavy duty i'm sure and very strong.

Alloy wheels were an option listed on the window sticker that added to the cost of the vehicle. Hardly a "loophole".

Well it is fair to say that steel wheels were standard equipment but in the US market very rarely encountered because of Distributor ordering practices.

TMS USA wanted to make as much money as possible on each unit sold and that is why almost every one of them had a sun roof, three-in-one radio, alloy wheels and third row seats and most of them have leather. The only major option that is not ubiquitous is the most useful one of the bunch...differential locks.

Ok, but i'm in the usa and the forum is usa based. So one would assume I was referring to the us market. Your #7 post did not mention what market you were talking about, though the topic was this wheel style in the usa. I guess what you are saying is they were standard equipment in the usa as well but virtually no 80's arrived with "standard" equipment, thus making them rare for the us market.

You enjoy splitting hairs as much as I do.

Carry on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom