Are these wheels worth anything?

murf

Lifer
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

seems like I saw a thread recently where someone was looking for stock Toyota steelies. Classic looking ~

YOu might get some interest on the 80 forum

So you are saying they were "standard" equipment on all 80's sold in the usa. But all 80's in the usa came with alloys. So semantically you are saying there were virtually no 80's sold in the usa with "standard equipment" hence why the rims are so rare.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
As I stated in post #9 TMS USA ordered virtually all 80 series Land Cruisers with optional alloy wheels. Not "all", rather "virtually all".

A few 93s came in that way and in later production there was a handful ordered without sunroofs or third row seats and with standard wheels. It was some sort of a fleet deal I believe.

The wheels have always been available here as replacement parts and I have sold several sets through the years. I am running a set on my BJ74. New ones can be had for ~160 bucks a copy.

IMGP2858[1].JPG

Last edited:
What about post # 7? Is the word "standard" your loop hole? It seems to me if virtually all came with alloys that would be "standard equipment". "standard equipment wheel for FZJ80 1993-97" Yes maybe globally but not domestically.

Furthermore that is very heavy. But they are very heavy duty i'm sure and very strong.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Well it is fair to say that steel wheels were standard equipment but in the US market very rarely encountered because of Distributor ordering practices.

TMS USA wanted to make as much money as possible on each unit sold and that is why almost every one of them had a sun roof, three-in-one radio, alloy wheels and third row seats and most of them have leather. The only major option that is not ubiquitous is the most useful one of the bunch...differential locks.

Ok, but i'm in the usa and the forum is usa based. So one would assume I was referring to the us market. Your #7 post did not mention what market you were talking about, though the topic was this wheel style in the usa. I guess what you are saying is they were standard equipment in the usa as well but virtually no 80's arrived with "standard" equipment, thus making them rare for the us market.

Top Bottom