Are these the correct valves for a 1983 2f? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i bought a 1983 fj60 with a cracked head. The whole engine was a basket case. I got the head repaired and turns out the previous owner lost the valves. I found a set of valves from a 3fe. I dont want to do the sbc valves because my machine shop said they dont know anything about it. I dont know if the exhaust valve is correct. Ive seen both, a 1 groove and a 3 groove valve for the 1983. Cruisercorps has the 3 groove exhaust valve marked as 1983 compatable. Also is there supposed to be a washer under the spring? I can see in some pics online that it looks like theres a washer, but im thinking maybe its the valve seal with the big flange on the bottom. Im pretty much searching for a complete overhead set. Valves, springs, keepers, retainers. Ive attached some pics and i dont like how there is a space between the keepers on the intake valve. Does anyone know if thats normal. Any input would be apreciated.

20230804_204147.jpg

20230804_204203.jpg

20230804_205021.jpg

20230804_205043.jpg

The input I’m about to provide isn’t what you want to hear...

Take the head to a machine shop that has experience rebuilding 2F heads and have them do it. It will be done right.

This…^^^^^

I just got my head back from a machine shop and they just did that. Fully rebuilt head, no question marks, ready for a fresh gasket.

Reactions: OSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom