Are there good remote control switches available ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
One of the issues with accessories is the need for wiring to the passenger compartment.
I was thinking that it would be great to have a little remote radio device that would control a switch. For example, if you wanted extra lights, you'd just connect the switch directly to a relay inside the engine bay and then just click the remote. No wiring needed. Much easier. Same for an engine killswitch (of course, you might want to have some unusual frequency or a coded device for that... <G>).
Sooo, is there such a thing that works well and not too expensive that one could readily buy?
Or do you 'tronics whizzes know of an easy DIY way to go?
thanks
Eric

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=7901;start=msg66580#msg66580 date=1069530641]

Sooo, is there such a thing that works well and not too expensive that one could readily buy?

[/quote]
Yes, there is such a thing, searching through the cobwebs in my brain I am thinking I saw a similar unit on Goss's Garage, on the "Motorweek" TV show, www.motorweek.org . I can't find it referenced on the website, but at least you know there is some such device out there, somewhere.

Hella made wireless switches, I'm not sure if they still do.

http://www.autobarn.net/hel88218.html

I think this might be something of interest, but I dont know what the deal is with the keychain thingy. I'm kinda lookin for the same thing so If you find something, make sure you post it.

-Bryan

painless makes some thing right up that ally for hot rods.
people didnt want to cut holes in there hot rod bodys to run wires so they do it with a wireless system

Excellent guys. Thanks.

Anybody used one of these things?

Thanks Junk, I hear that the gizmo you mentioned works even better when one slaps oneself repeatedly. Could you go and test it for us, please? <G>

Eric

I remember at least a decade ago carmakers were supposed to be putting these things all over new cars. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea? The 80 is pretty easy to run wires in, I've got an extra 4-strand to the back along with 8ga power feed and all the trailer brake wiring. Wiring to the engine compartment is easy enough, I didn't bother running extra wire there while setting up the trailer brakes and extra power line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom