For Sale Are prices falling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVzA1kw0/1997-toyota-land-cruiser
Yes, prices are falling for 40's and 80s for sure!

I hear you. Found myself eyeing this one and debating putting in a bid just because it seems like such a deal compared to where prices were last year and this was a good looking one.

Looks like bubbling paint on passenger rear, seats could be recovered, gas prices spiked recently, more and more rigs approaching engine rebuild in mileage it seems...but yes, agree the market is lower at the moment for a variety of reasons...

Last edited:
Been seeing a lot of "Reserve Not Met" lately. Prices are adjusting as people are holding onto their money more tightly here in 2022. The feeding frenzy of the past two years appears to be over. Low mileage stock 80 series trucks are still going to command a premium. This seller didn't have high expectations, they didn't clean it or hide the fact it has plenty of rust. Seems like it has been used properly so it probably runs great. Good buy.

Been seeing a lot of "Reserve Not Met" lately. Prices are adjusting as people are holding onto their money more tightly here in 2022. The feeding frenzy of the past two years appears to be over. Low mileage stock 80 series trucks are still going to command a premium. This seller didn't have high expectations, they didn't clean it or hide the fact it has plenty of rust. Seems like it has been used properly so it probably runs great. Good buy.
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm the lucky owner of this 80 series. I'll be driving it back to Colorado in a few weeks. Can't wait to take it on the trails here.

Crypto has tanked, the stock market has tanked, inflation is here, recession is here, gas prices are high, less throw away income for toys that get horrible gas mileage, Yeah, prices are dropping, as they should, The market just got too hot
and it was bound to happen. Not everyone trying to flip an 80 has gotten the message, yet.

Yes, prices are falling for 40's and 80s for sure!
It’s about time reality set in…I sold my 200 while the frenzy was happening and have been waiting “patiently” to get back in….will go to back to 80 or 100 as covid has changed my traveling for work and don’t drive 1/10th as much as I used to. Thx!! Mike

Yeah I tried to sell mine over the summer and it sat for months at $8500. It was not exactly pristine, but I thought it was a fair price all in all.

There was so much hype around these last summer that I think people forgot what a niche vehicle they are.

People will tell you online how desirable and awesome they are, but very few people are actually willing to pay for them IME, at least not in the current economy.

Anyone else got an 80 series they're thinking of selling? I'm looking for one right now. Ideally a 93-94 with the grey cloth interior*, either pretty stock or a mild build. Doesn't need to be pristine - just well maintained and ready for a DD+adventures life.

* I spent my entire childhood in one of these and the nostalgia is just insanely strong 😂

Yeah I tried to sell mine over the summer and it sat for months at $8500. It was not exactly pristine, but I thought it was a fair price all in all.

There was so much hype around these last summer that I think people forgot what a niche vehicle they are.

People will tell you online how desirable and awesome they are, but very few people are actually willing to pay for them IME, at least not in the current economy.
Where did you have it listed?

All speculation at this point, but I’d bet it would’ve been gone in a few days if you put it on eBay and opened up to the entire country if it was a rust free accident free truck. Mud is a great resource and I’ve had luck selling on here, but its a pretty small pool of buyers at any given time.

Before cruisers really shot up in price I sold an exploded bottom end, high mileage (300k), bad paint, bad interior, but rust free 93 for $5k on eBay.

All speculation at this point, but I’d bet it would’ve been gone in a few days if you put it on eBay and opened up to the entire country if it was a rust free accident free truck. Mud is a great resource and I’ve had luck selling on here, but its a pretty small pool of buyers at any given time.

Before cruisers really shot up in price I sold an exploded bottom end, high mileage (300k), bad paint, bad interior, but rust free 93 for $5k on eBay.
Yea idk. They're not a very liquid asset IME, but maybe Ebay was the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom