ARB / XD9000i / FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

calfj60 said:
I have had both.......Safari Gard......all the way.....

Aside from the style issue and the fact that less folks have them, why do you say the above? I am seriously considering getting one of these, but I keep reading that some trimming is needed to get them to fit. I do like that they're lighter, though. Mulling...

Corbet said:
Ordered the SafariGard today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

For anyone else interested they have a 20% sale right now on all in house mfg items. Dropped the price of the FJ60 bumper to $600 + shipping.

As posted earlier, shipping was $165.00. 20% off sale is over. Regular price $750. You could try using my name and see if they would match it? The hoist rings they sell as recovery rings run $125.00 each. I did not get them yet. Looking for other sources.

ballardcruiser said:
Aside from the style issue and the fact that less folks have them, why do you say the above? I am seriously considering getting one of these, but I keep reading that some trimming is needed to get them to fit. I do like that they're lighter, though. Mulling...

I have seen ARB's and they seemed to be good quality, but it seems that the Safarigard is better built. I looks great on the 60, not sure about 62. It does require some trimming on the valence if you intend on using a winch. I found as mentioned earlier, that I needed to trim a little of the bumper to make it fit. Corbet didn't have than issue though. All winches are different.

I really like the looks much better first reason and the second reason is the over all weight....and third the way that it sits much closer to the body and thuis has much less overhang....the 60 is loooong enough as it is...why make it worse???

That's a well-built bumper, good attention to detail! *Personally*, I prefer the look of the ARB upper structure, even if it's almost OEM with the 60 series at this point, but the SafariGard bumper is a great alternative and on a wagon that does a lot of rock-crawling, a better option. At the Roundup in March I pretty much obliterated my roller fairlead on the granite, I chewed up the two nuts on the vertical rollers so bad that I'm going to have to cut off the fairlead. Additional clearance would have come in handy. The plan now is to modify the ARB and replace the roller with a hawse.

Fourrunner said:
Well, installed my winch last night in the bumper. You really have to take out a lot of the lower valence (about the size of a liscence plate). Another issue I ran into is that the end of the winch ran into a section of the bumper. Ended up trimming some of the bumper off. Wasn't very happy. Might be different with other winches (mine is an XD9000 - Corbet, your pic of the XD9000i looks like it will have the same issue) Anyway, I really like the way it turned out. I like the compactness of the Safarigard and how the winch is tucked in there nicely. On a side note, it would be impossible to steal the winch as it is so tight in there. To install the winch I had to take the bumper off. My rig has 2-Hella 4000's mounted on the bumper. If someone can post pics, I can send them. Overall...very happy with it. Just need some new synthetic line and I am good to go.

send pics to wayneraintree at hotmail dot com. I am about to mount a newer Warn XD9000 to the SafariGard bumper on the 60 and would like to see exactly how you cut the Valance and bumper to fit. It appears the passengerside upper plate needs 3/4" taken out, shifting the winch to that side and lining up the nearest mounting position on the slots.

On the valance, I'm curious to see your measurements and if there are any ideas on how to fit with taking the least of it out. Thanks, I'll post the pics if you send them. Cool thread:beer:

Hey Wayne...I am in the process of moving, so it might be till this weekend. To answer your first question, I think I trimmed about 3/4" off the edge as you mentioned. To answer your second question, I bolted the bumper with two bolts, one on each side. Rotated the bumper down and bolted the winch on. Rotated the winch up to see where exactly I would have to trim. I still need to trim some more, so maybe this weekend I will snap some pics of the completed project. So far, it looks really good. I am excited to get the new synthetic rope on it.

Fourrunner said:
Hey Wayne...I am in the process of moving, so it might be till this weekend. To answer your first question, I think I trimmed about 3/4" off the edge as you mentioned. To answer your second question, I bolted the bumper with two bolts, one on each side. Rotated the bumper down and bolted the winch on. Rotated the winch up to see where exactly I would have to trim. I still need to trim some more, so maybe this weekend I will snap some pics of the completed project. So far, it looks really good. I am excited to get the new synthetic rope on it.

Sweet man thanks, I plan on working a little on it tonight but want to wait to see your pics before I go mangling the valance:D I too tilted the bumper down to slide in the winch...beats lifting that darn thing! it is well built and it looks cool as well.

Wayneraintree said:
Sweet man thanks, I plan on working a little on it tonight but want to wait to see your pics before I go mangling the valance:D I too tilted the bumper down to slide in the winch...beats lifting that darn thing! it is well built and it looks cool as well.

Pretty sweet, huh... I was super impressed with it. Will shot you a few pics on Saturday hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom