ARB & winch and return to centre (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just installed a m12000 into my ARB bumper. I find that while driving the steering has gotten a little "heavier" with more return to centre. I have the castor correction bushings. I was wondering if the extra weight of the winch has pushed my front end down enough so that I no longer need the castor correction? Any fixes? Stiffer springs? Spacers?
Regards,
Sean

In some instances, the addition of a winch/bumper combo has been known to negate the need for the caster bushings. This seems to be personal preference, although, and many well-respected shops (eg. Slee Offroad) will always use the caster bushings. It might depend on what front springs you are running? Since you have the bushings, I'm assuming that you have upgraded springs? What type and part number? A little more info could be helpful.

-H-

I have the spring and shock upgrade from offroad australia. It gave me 2 1/2" lift on the front and little more than 3" on the rear. That was when I first installed them. Their website is www.offroad4x4.com.au/ . They only have one spring ratiing available for a late model 80. The part # is CS TYT-002. For what thats worth.
Sean

If you look at the very bottom of the picture, you can see my fix. The old IFS camber bolts (almost perfect in every dimension) with offset washers allow easy caster adjustment. It does require welding.

fd1294ac.jpg

Thanks guys. It seems I am already getting used to the difference in steering. BTW I am going to show up for Cruise Moab, so I am sure I will get some input there, as people can actually look at my setup. I just hope a rock neophyte like myself will not be drug over the rocks :D.
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom