ARB Summit SLIDERS (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know you had someone install them for you, but do you have any idea if the install would be much more difficult to DIY without access to a lift? I don't have an installer nearby that I'm comfortable with using (there could certainly be one I'm not familiar with, but the Boston area doesn't exactly have the big offroad market that some parts of the country have), so I'm trying to figure out if I should continue pursuing things with BudBuilt (I'm getting kind of frustrated with their communication), DIY install the ARB, or try to find a nearby place to install the ARB for me.

The story at BudBuilt seems to keep changing - first it was availability of steel, then I was told the powdercoater is the biggest obstacle, timelines seem to be all over the place, they aren't good about calling back, and so on. I know what I would want to get from them and just need them to say they can have it built by THIS date, schedule an install for a short time after that date, and be done. I'm a bit concerned that if I place an order and plan a trip around a promised install date that the date will end up changing multiple times and that's something I don't want to deal with along with having the money tied up the whole time. My company is pretty flexible about taking time off, but I want to ask for a block of time off and be able to stick with it so I can make hotel reservations and my coworkers will know when to expect me to be away.
My installer did NOT use a lift. He just use a ramp to lift one side up and get under it.

51FBA399-EF64-49B0-8DF4-2F9F329BCCEA.png

I know you had someone install them for you, but do you have any idea if the install would be much more difficult to DIY without access to a lift? I don't have an installer nearby that I'm comfortable with using (there could certainly be one I'm not familiar with, but the Boston area doesn't exactly have the big offroad market that some parts of the country have), so I'm trying to figure out if I should continue pursuing things with BudBuilt (I'm getting kind of frustrated with their communication), DIY install the ARB, or try to find a nearby place to install the ARB for me.

The story at BudBuilt seems to keep changing - first it was availability of steel, then I was told the powdercoater is the biggest obstacle, timelines seem to be all over the place, they aren't good about calling back, and so on. I know what I would want to get from them and just need them to say they can have it built by THIS date, schedule an install for a short time after that date, and be done. I'm a bit concerned that if I place an order and plan a trip around a promised install date that the date will end up changing multiple times and that's something I don't want to deal with along with having the money tied up the whole time. My company is pretty flexible about taking time off, but I want to ask for a block of time off and be able to stick with it so I can make hotel reservations and my coworkers will know when to expect me to be away.

That is an OLD post, and you may want to first check if you can even get the ARB ones. They maybe on back order.

When I checked they were on back order so I ordered and got SLEE and put them on in my driveway. Very easy.

That is an OLD post, and you may want to first check if you can even get the ARB ones. They maybe on back order.

When I checked they were on back order so I ordered and got SLEE and put them on in my driveway. Very easy.
Yeah, I know it's an old post and that I would need to look into availability. But like I said in another post, I'm not going to consider options that require drilling and/or rivnuts, which rules out Slee, Dissent, and most of the others as well. Waiting for the ARB sliders to show up at my house isn't a problem, but if I'm working a 2 week trip around an install at Budbuilt, having a fairly reliable timeline to work with becomes important. Depending on how things play out, one option is to just sit tight till next spring and see if the issues Budbuilt is having with getting materials and powdercoating have improved.

I just looked into availability. Part 4415100 (summit step section) is available from the same place @Madtiger bought his from, but part 4415120 (summit step return) isn't available and they don't have a date for when they'll be in stock. Part 4415110 (summit front rail) is also in stock.

Am I correct in assuming that the step section is the main slider itself (including the frame mounts), the step return is the silver diamond plate piece, and that the front rail is what you would buy if you wanted to connect the steps to an ARB bumper? If so, could I order just the step section for now and then easily add on the step return (without having to disassemble anything) when they are eventually back in stock?

I just looked into availability. Part 4415100 (summit step section) is available from the same place @Madtiger bought his from, but part 4415120 (summit step return) isn't available and they don't have a date for when they'll be in stock. Part 4415110 (summit front rail) is also in stock.

Am I correct in assuming that the step section is the main slider itself (including the frame mounts), the step return is the silver diamond plate piece, and that the front rail is what you would buy if you wanted to connect the steps to an ARB bumper? If so, could I order just the step section for now and then easily add on the step return (without having to disassemble anything) when they are eventually back in stock?
The return is what curves each end of the step back toward the vehicle. This is used when not adding the side rails which attach to the ARB bumpers. The diamond plate comes with the step.

I don’t think the returns can be easily added after the fact, but I don’t know for sure. I had these steps installed on my Tacoma and they were great.

Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll need to wait for both parts to be available then.

I’ve been under every brand of slider available on a 200. Some are kinda crappy, some are pretty good, then there are ARB slider step things for the 200.

I’ve never seen such a bigger piece of crap in my life. The design feature that really blows my mind is how you have to shove a bar between the frame rail and fuel lines, which breaks the retaining clips for the fuel lines. What?

FDCEC162-8B46-41DE-81FB-709977C3425B.jpeg

The front edge is simply bolted on and not sleeves, I can literally deflect these sliders 1/2” with my hand. Garbage.

These are an absolutely waste of money if you are considering them.

These were installed by a 4wheel parts, who also damaged the parking sensor harness and didn’t even bolt down the BP-51 reservoirs to the frame. Which is pretty normal for them.

Anyway, wanted to share thought about products from a builder instead from someone who purchased the product in question.

Last edited:
I’ve been under every brand of slide available on a 200. Some are kinda crappy, some are pretty good, then there are ARB slider step things for the 200.

I’ve never seen such a bigger piece of crap in my life. The design feature that really blows my mind is how you have to shove a bar between the frame rail and fuel lines, which breaks the retaining clips for the fuel lines. What?

The front edge is simply bolted on and not sleeves, I can literally deflect these sliders 1/2” with my hand. Garbage.

These are an absolutely waste of money if you are considering them.

These were installed by a 4wheel parts, who also damaged the parking sensor harness and didn’t even bolt down the BP-51 reservoirs to the frame. Which is pretty normal for them.

Anyway, wanted to share thought about products from a builder instead from someone who purchased the product in question.
I had these on my Tacoma and for a step, they were fine. Also installed by 4WP...never really looked underneath to see if they crapped it up.

I had these on my Tacoma and for a step, they were fine. Also installed by 4WP...never really looked underneath to see if they crapped it up.
Same here. Been on several trips, no issues with them. They look stout enough and has taken some punishment without issue. But nothing major.

Same here. Been on several trips, no issues with them. They look stout enough and has taken some punishment without issue. But nothing major.
Honest question.

What kind of trips and what kind of abuse have you witnessed?

Honest question.

What kind of trips and what kind of abuse have you witnessed?
Mild off roading at beach and thru forest ruts. Touched the sliders a few times. Nothing like full weight on it.

You can bend these sliders with your hands?! Wow. Did you video tape it? That would make Internet fame!

View attachment 2768428

The bar is not close to the fuel lines. See my pic. Sorry bad pic…it was just a quick peek. But I still have retaining clips I think. My fuel lines are not touching the bar at all.

Maybe either this is an old ARB slider model or bad install???

3445A13C-04C3-4EEC-9B41-D137C41B1E0C.jpeg

I can get a better pic this weekend if you want.

Ok guys I know this is an old thread but hoping someone might have the answers here. I bought the ARB step and return for my 2020 HE, but after thinking about it I decided to keep that vehicle stock. I am thinking about putting them on the 2011, but. I can’t confirm they will actually fit. I completly understand the idea that the rails would likely not work as the 16’s are the newer body style, but I can’t find and answer on just the steps fitting. I have looked at the instructions and they are basically identical, with a couple expections and they don’t look material. Just curious if anyone has installed the newer version of the step on an a pre ‘16 vehicle? Thanks

1325A8F9-0C4C-4829-8AE3-202A57018829.jpeg

I can't see how it could make any difference, since the factory steps fit all models. But i would just call ARB, they are very helpful on the phone.

I can't see how it could make any difference, since the factory steps fit all models. But i would just call ARB, they are very helpful on the phone.
I don't believe the ARB steps use the factory mounting holes, so it's quite possible what they do use is different on < 2016 and >= 2016 model years.

I tried ARB and they were clueless on the topic. All they could do was confirm that the part numbers for the steps were different. That makes sense as the rail connection is likely different. The ARB steps mount to the frame and since all models have KDSS and there are no frame changes I am aware of I have to believe they will work.

The slee sliders say they fit all years 08+ and they mount to the frame as well.

Guess I might just have to try and see if they work. I can’t see any reason they wouldn’t. I never intend to add the rails so it shouldn’t really matter.

I tried ARB and they were clueless on the topic. All they could do was confirm that the part numbers for the steps were different. That makes sense as the rail connection is likely different. The ARB steps mount to the frame and since all models have KDSS and there are no frame changes I am aware of I have to believe they will work.

The slee sliders say they fit all years 08+ and they mount to the frame as well.

Guess I might just have to try and see if they work. I can’t see any reason they wouldn’t. I never intend to add the rails so it shouldn’t really matter.
@cruiseroutfit @Taco2Cruiser any idea?

Thanks Christo! Any idea what the difference is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom