ARB problem and caution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spoke with ARB about their springs and spring bushings. I purchased Old Man Emu shocks and stabilizer, and their OMESB30 spring bushings for my 72 FJ40 project. The OMESB30 is listed as a replacement for that truck. You have buy 4 packages at $35 each, one for each corner. The kit comes with 4 large bushings and 2 small bushings. I found that the large bushings fit fine on the body spring hangers but only the small bushings fit on my springs. Completing the installation meant that I am 8 small bushings short on the rear springs.
When I spoke to their "Service Department" they said that the bushings were only meant to work with their springs, not anyone else. Even when pressed, they would offer any solution except to buy 4 new sets of OMESB30 bushings and throw away all the other unused bushings. There is no place in their literature that says these kits will not work with other springs. Very aggravating. I will not buy ARB products again.
So, If you are going to spend the money for ARBs spring bushings you have to buy their springs or you will be in my situation. I would also be very careful about their other products. The 2 people I talked to at ARBUSA did not care, even when I pointed out their application charts are incorrect.

Different spring makers have different size eyes. I learned that when I got a set of OME springs. And you just learned it now. So, you’ll end up with some spares. Not so bad. I acquired a huge assortment of spares getting it all sorted out having OME springs, stock size greaseable pins on the fixed, end and homemade 5/8 greaseable pins on the shackle ends.
If you had noticed “Note # 1” in the catalogue, you may have figured it out.

OME note 1.jpg

Odd. My spring eys are 25mm and the hangers are 35mm. Exactly opposite of note 1. The OMESB30 kit has 6 of the 35mm and 2 of the 25mm. Thus the problem.

35mm shackle hangers are not stock for a 1972. Your frame is either not a ‘72, or it has been modified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom