ARB pricing policy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
As of September 30th there will be new pricing guide lines in place for all ARB distributors. I was told this because I have a local dealer up here in New England and just got back from buying a bumper and snorkle. After calling ARB he was kind enough to work with me since I had a printout from a dealer on the web that was $170.00 or so cheaper. So if your on the fence about a bar you might consider jumping.

Looks like the price of Poker just went up. :eek:

Guess ARB wants to rake in as much as they can before someone else comes in with better lockers etc. :doh: :flipoff2: :slap:

Better order my OME lift from my boy in Oklahoma $505.00 and I pick it up at ARB :)

Oh yeah, no tax and no shipping :flipoff2:

[quote author=fj40crusher link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42668#msg42668 date=1063914849]
Better order my OME lift from my boy in Oklahoma $505.00 and I pick it up at ARB :)

Oh yeah, no tax and no shipping :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Yeah, but you'd do better buying it used. :flipoff2:
pimpflip.gif

Scott, I'll bite. Who's you boy in Ok and what parts exactly will he give you for $505 including shipping. That's a darn good price if its the full lift kit.

My guess is samsoffroad.com. They are pretty cheap. That's where I got my ARB from. But for the lift, I'll probably go with Christo.

Samsoffroad was where I got my quote from. I didn't ask for a direct match because my guy has been really fair on past work and I'll need to employ him to fix my hatch for that nasty manufacturing flaw back there :'(.

OK, just for those not in the know (like Junk). ARB (like Warn and some other suppliers as well) has instituted a minimum advertised policy. Meaning that as a distributor or dealer you are not allowed to advertise products below the set price, nor can you say "To Low To Print" etc etc. Also, there has been two pirce increases for ARB products in the last 6 months. Most dealers absorbed these. They were due to US$/AU$ exchange rate fluctuations.

Consumers might see this as price fixing, however it is common in the industry and will actually improve things. Lately a lot of dealers (some that do not have shops and very low overhead) has erroded the profit margins on products to levels that just does not make sense. The suppliers want you to carry their product, but as a shop, there is a point where it does not make sense if there is no profit in it.

The net result should be that busnisess that are only in it for the quick $5 will be rooted out and shops that deliver added value and service will be able to make a proper living.

Bottom line is yes, you might see a lot of changes in advertised prices. Shops can still wheel and deal as they see fit, but at least on the web/ebay and print we can all compete on a level field.

Christo (off the soap box)

:beer: A sale without a profit is a gift. :beer:

Gotta feed them dogs, ya know. :cheers:

This is the same sort of thing that BFG went through a couple of years ago. Those warehouse clubs cut the price so heavily that regular shops couldn't compete. It does seem to fly straight into the face of the free market principle though.

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42709#msg42709 date=1063921662]
This is the same sort of thing that BFG went through a couple of years ago. Those warehouse clubs cut the price so heavily that regular shops couldn't compete. It does seem to fly straight into the face of the free market principle though.
[/quote]

It might appear like that, however it is just a condition of being a dealer. That with a bunch of other stuff as well. They can not regulate for how much you can sell it in the end. Just what you advertise it for.

The margins on 4x4 products is pretty low to start of with. It is much more profitable to sell bug deflectors and grill guards, but then who wants to do that :D

I will throw in my two cents here. I am a cheap bastard. That said, I find the advice I get from someone who knows the product and has worked with it, well worth spending a little extra. I just bought some springs from Christo. Could I have gotten a better price? If I surfed the net enough, probably. But would the cheaper guy have known what side the springs were supposed to go on, NO. You can always find something cheaper, but don't forget that knowlege is worth a great deal of money. The value of the information I have used from Christo's website makes it well worth any potential savings I could have found.

Cary

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42709#msg42709 date=1063921662]
It does seem to fly straight into the face of the free market principle though.
[/quote]

Welcome to the world,

I wouldnt call it price fixing though, its just ensuring that its resellers will be there this year, next year, and every year and stop the erosion of the level of service and warranty one would expect because there is no margin to carry over.

Good thing I bought my Bullbar today. He He :D :D

They were due to US$/AU$ exchange rate fluctuations.
:flipoff2: Not Fluctuations, The American Economy is stuck down the S bend of the Dunny. :cheers:

The margins on 4x4 products is pretty low to start of with.
:-* I truely wish that were the case. :mad:
10,000lbs. Tow Hooks
ARB $18.00
Repco $15.00

I bought two OME Centre Pin Bolts from ARB Southern at $9.00 each, But It was'nt worth driving all way to Mentone to the Bolt shop there for an 'Unbreako' Bolt. :doh:

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42799#msg42799 date=1063942966]
The American Economy is stuck down the S bend of the Dunny. :cheers:
[/quote]

Not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good! ??? :eek:

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42799#msg42799 date=1063942966]
I truely wish that were the case. :mad:
10,000lbs. Tow Hooks
ARB $18.00
Repco $15.00

I bought two OME Centre Pin Bolts from ARB Southern at $9.00 each, But It was'nt worth driving all way to Mentone to the Bolt shop there for an 'Unbreako' Bolt. :doh:
[/quote]

So your complaining about $2- $5 on an item, you better get out of 4wheeling now, and start ice cream stick collecting or something, as the $$$ just keep stacking up from here in the 4wd hobby world. :flipoff2: :slap:

[quote author=semlin link=board=2;threadid=5416;start=msg42683#msg42683 date=1063917928]
Scott, I'll bite. Who's you boy in Ok and what parts exactly will he give you for $505 including shipping. That's a darn good price if its the full lift kit.

[/quote]

It is Samsoffroad. $505 was a price I got for the following:
851 front and 860 rear medium load springs
2 N73 shocks
2 N74e shocks
1-sd24 steering dampner
1-ca776 caster kit

I bought my ARB winch/bullbar from Sams. Paid $545 and picked it up at ARB myself. Again no tax/no ship. I thought the $505 price for a lift was pretty good compared to other places I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom