ARB Locker / Compressor help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm at my wits end, which isn't really that big of a stretch. Ive got an ARB Twin with front and rear lockers. This setup was installed years ago and has worked flawlessly the few times I have needed it. Last week a squirrel set up a cozy little nest and dragged two little babies under my hood. For that week they dined on the finest Toyota wiring harnesses and were drawn, as if they knew the cost of components, to my ARB Twin, and some Blue Sea electrical kit.

I am working my way through the wiring harnesses and have ABS and traction control restored thankfully. Still have a few mystery wires but they are coming along. They ate the main power wires to the compressor motors, and chewed through the 4 control wires that go through the firewall to the rocker switches. I replaced the power wires, and reconnected the 4 control wires, crossed my fingers and fired up the compressor. It sprang to life and a quick check showed both motors making power and filling up my tank.

Here is where the trouble starts. Compressor on, the rocker switch for the compressor illuminates and the compressor fires just fine. Front locker is the same, and I can hear the solenoid vent when the rocker switch is turned off, perfect. Rear locker with compressor on does nothing, and no light on the switch, UNLESS the front locker is on, then it just vents continuously.

I switched the front to back solenoid plugs to rule out bad solenoid but the issue followed the wiring. I checked the switches but they all test ok.

I haven't had a chance to find the wiring diagram or see if there is a troubleshooting guide out there somewhere, so that is my mission today. Hoping that by chance someone has dealt with similar gremlins in their setup and has an easy answer or idea.

Here are a couple pics of the disaster for laughs......

IMG_6156.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6161.jpg

So I'm at my wits end, which isn't really that big of a stretch. Ive got an ARB Twin with front and rear lockers. This setup was installed years ago and has worked flawlessly the few times I have needed it. Last week a squirrel set up a cozy little nest and dragged two little babies under my hood. For that week they dined on the finest Toyota wiring harnesses and were drawn, as if they knew the cost of components, to my ARB Twin, and some Blue Sea electrical kit.

I am working my way through the wiring harnesses and have ABS and traction control restored thankfully. Still have a few mystery wires but they are coming along. They ate the main power wires to the compressor motors, and chewed through the 4 control wires that go through the firewall to the rocker switches. I replaced the power wires, and reconnected the 4 control wires, crossed my fingers and fired up the compressor. It sprang to life and a quick check showed both motors making power and filling up my tank.

Here is where the trouble starts. Compressor on, the rocker switch for the compressor illuminates and the compressor fires just fine. Front locker is the same, and I can hear the solenoid vent when the rocker switch is turned off, perfect. Rear locker with compressor on does nothing, and no light on the switch, UNLESS the front locker is on, then it just vents continuously.

I switched the front to back solenoid plugs to rule out bad solenoid but the issue followed the wiring. I checked the switches but they all test ok.

I haven't had a chance to find the wiring diagram or see if there is a troubleshooting guide out there somewhere, so that is my mission today. Hoping that by chance someone has dealt with similar gremlins in their setup and has an easy answer or idea.

Here are a couple pics of the disaster for laughs......
So I am a complete moron. At some point years ago I broke the rocker switch covers on 2 of the switches and when I replaced them I must have switched front and back locker buttons. (guess it has been a day since I used the lockers) Anyway after tracing some wires from switch to solenoid I discovered this issue, corrected. Now when you flip the rear locker on it actuates the solenoid, and you can't actuate the front locker without the rear being on so that makes sense. Still had the issue of front locker actuating and venting and I was thinking this was a wiring problem, but then I remembered that it was a freaking stupid Squirrel that started this whole drama so I followed the front locker air line to guess what? A giant hole chewed by a Squirrel........ CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom