ARB: Generation I or Modified YJ? (1 Viewer)

Which ARB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright......I just put the Gen I ARB on my 40 a week ago (my rig pictured with soft top), but I happened to come across a YJ bumper in perfect shape that has already been modified to fit a 40. Trying to determine whether to stay with what I have, or make the switch to the YJ version. I was originally hunting for a YJ version when I located the unobtainium Gen I new in box. I'm assuming there aren't any tech. issues in modifying the YJ to fit as it was probably a simple matter of moving the brackets. Any reason one would be better than the other for a 40 in your opinion? I know an 8274 fits behind the Gen 1, but think a planetary is required for the YJ bumper. I suspect I know the answer regarding the winch most preferred here, so lets keep it to the bumper for weighing in with opinions.

How about a vote on which one? Any reason why?
Bumper1.JPG
IMG_2846 resized.jpg
photok.JPG

Last edited:
If you like ugly cruisers then I'd definitely change to the YJ bar.

I vote Gen 1. I'm not a jeep hater per se, just think the ARB looks very good on your rig.

I love my oldeskool ARB
image-2721736441.jpg

Last edited:
I love my oldeskool ARB

Figured that would be your vote given our previous discussions on the other thread. :)

Thanks to those who have offered an opinion thus far.

78crzr said:
Figured that would be your vote given our previous discussions on the other thread. :)

Thanks to those who have offered an opinion thus far.

;)

Sent from outer space via my mind

Since your gen 1 ARB is now used and I can get for a little cheaper off you now I vote YJ! Just playing stick with the gen 1. Are you going to sell the other one?

Since your gen 1 ARB is now used and I can get for a little cheaper off you now I vote YJ! Just playing stick with the gen 1. Are you going to sell the other one?

Haven't bought the other one yet. It's out of state and I'm supposed to be talking with the seller tomorrow. As for selling the Gen 1 cheaper since it's been on my rig for a week, sure, it's now only $799! ;)

Pretty unanimous it seems. Thanks to the 7 folks out of 297 views that took the time to lend their opinion.

both looks nice but if you sell the first gen you have now I'll take it

Thanks for the offer to buy it, but I offered Sully first crack at it if I go that direction. Should he pass on it we can talk further about it. I should know which way I'm heading by the end of the week.

I have read most all of the other thread about the bumpers, cause it does show what is out there and sometime in the future I will do something different then the standard OEM.
The pros and cons of the gen 1 with the attack angle, good or bad, weight up front and over all design. It has been good reading. The YJ looks like it has to much going on, if all the lights on it are standard.
My simple vote would be gen 1.
From one of the 297 viewers with an answer. ;)

The YJ looks like it has to much going on, if all the lights on it are standard. QUOTE]

I think you are confusing the FJ-40's bib lights (yellow, circular) as being mounted on the ARB.

That Jeep bumper only has one pair of offroad lights and the turn indicators.

If I saw that YJ bumper on that fj40 I would not think it was jeep looking at all. Looks pretty good, but I love the fj40 ARB look, I would hands down go with that, I am looking for one, if not will look at having one fabbed up for me.

You should go with what makes you happy. If the YJ ARB is what you like go with it, if the gen 1 is what you like go with it mate. I imagine if you had just said hey check out this fj40 ARB instead of the modified YJ ARB some guys that do not like it would have liked it. That's how deep the bias runs here it seems.

You should go with what makes you happy. If the YJ ARB is what you like go with it, if the gen 1 is what you like go with it mate. I imagine if you had just said hey check out this fj40 ARB instead of the modified YJ ARB some guys that do not like it would have liked it. That's how deep the bias runs here it seems.

That's the problem. Like them both. I'm getting a quote today to see about getting the second one re-coated as there are some flaws and surface rust that doesn't show in the pictures. The cost of coating and the freight costs for the bumper and Warn XD8000i winch that is on it may kill the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom