ARB Bumper and Warn Hawse Fairhead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm installing an ARB bumper to my 60 series, along with an older Warn 8000. I'm using synthetic line, so I'm going with an aluminum Warn hawse fairhead. When I was doing the test fit for the fairhead, I realized that it's pretty recessed into the bumper and that my bolt holes don't align. I see there is a hawse fairhead spacer (ARB3500600) available. Is that what I need?

The other possible issue is when the winch is reclocked, the feet bolt into the front (vs. the bottom) of the bumper. I understand that (and have already completed that). But, it looks like (if the hawse actually lined up) that the hawse uses the two bottom holes in the bumper . . .

It's pretty obvious that I'm not familiar with this setup, so any help is appreciated.

The first photo shows how far back the hawse is setting in the bumper. The second shows how misaligned the bolt holes are. This is a test fit only, so the winch is obviously not there.

20220825_073548.jpg
20220825_073604.jpg

Hi all,

I'm installing an ARB bumper to my 60 series, along with an older Warn 8000. I'm using synthetic line, so I'm going with an aluminum Warn hawse fairhead. When I was doing the test fit for the fairhead, I realized that it's pretty recessed into the bumper and that my bolt holes don't align. I see there is a hawse fairhead spacer (ARB3500600) available. Is that what I need?

The other possible issue is when the winch is reclocked, the feet bolt into the front (vs. the bottom) of the bumper. I understand that (and have already completed that). But, it looks like (if the hawse actually lined up) that the hawse uses the two bottom holes in the bumper . . .

It's pretty obvious that I'm not familiar with this setup, so any help is appreciated.

The first photo shows how far back the hawse is setting in the bumper. The second shows how misaligned the bolt holes are. This is a test fit only, so the winch is obviously not there.

View attachment 3096462View attachment 3096463

If you flip the hawse upside down will the bolt holes align? Function > form.

I think you need the "offset" hawse fairlead on an ARB with the holes lower. I think Warn makes one and I know Factor55 does.

Wanted to close this thread out. I ended up getting the fairhead spacer and shaving the edges of the fairhead about 1/16 inch on each side to get things to fit. Turned out okay. Don't have to worry about scratching it anymore.

20220829_194050.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom