Mounting Winch on Arb bumper - is it a non winch bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have what is undoubtedly a stupid question, but I've done my research and used the search bar for a couple days now to know avail. When I bought this 60, the guy had it listed as having an arb winch bumper. I never looked too hard at it (my mistake), and now that I'm going to mount the winch, I have no plate to sit the winch on. But I DO have a hole in the front for the fairlead to mount to, the holes line up perfectly. So is it a non winch bumper that just coincidently fits the fairlead? Or is it a winch bumper missing a plate? Or am I even more stupid than that and missing something else? Thanks!
9B4FB92A-3A44-446D-9661-511C7C57B892.jpeg
84280762-0266-4959-92FD-D7786220AA8F.jpeg

That looks like an ARB for an 80 series the way it wraps around the fenders like that. My 60 has the updated ARB winch bumper, not the “catchers mask” as some people have called it (old school version). I know my newer ARB is a “feet forward” design, not sure about the older style. Feet forward means the winch does not sit on a plate but gets bolted down perpendicular to the ground. It looks like this one is a similar style in that regard. Pic of my rig for reference.

518F144C-AABD-4C61-8496-050234C23318.jpeg

HTH

That looks like an ARB for an 80 series the way it wraps around the fenders like that. My 60 has the updated ARB winch bumper, not the “catchers mask” as some people have called it (old school version). I know my newer ARB is a “feet forward” design, not sure about the older style. Feet forward means the winch does not sit on a plate but gets bolted down perpendicular to the ground. It looks like this one is a similar style in that regard. Pic of my rig for reference.

View attachment 3349548

HTH
Thanks for the reply! The only mounting point I see are the ones in the second picture, which would have it covering the point where the fairlead mounts. It's weird

It has an ARB sticker on it but it also has a Warn winch logo cutout on the front. AFAIK, ARB didn’t do that. You can see the provision for a fairlead at the bottom, so yeah, it was intended to hold a winch.
That bumper doesn’t look like a de facto 60 ARB bumper, but some parts of it do. A mystery.

Warn W cut out to better reach the clutch lever?

Looks like a winch bumper, but usually the fairlead mount holes are centered horizontally across the fairlead (see generic winch plate photo below)
1686925341190.png

Your fairlead holes appear to be on the low end of the cable pass through which is strange.
Measure your hole spacing, something looks slightly off but you can likely make it work.
1686925450537.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom