ARB and Parking sensors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i have an ARB rear bumper and TJM front bumper. thinking of putting the OEM parking sensors in them. has anyone done this? if so are there any issues?

IMG_1155.jpg

There are a few threads that address the TJM bumper install, including parking sensors. It's pretty easy...just use the provided template, drill holes, use a file to shape the hole (the sensors are not perfectly round), and pop them into place. Ensure you paint the hole to prevent rust.

I haven't installed a rear bumper, but I imagine it's similar. The only challenge may be installing the sensors with a swing away tire carrier. Try using the search function and you'll likely find your answer.

HTH,
John

I did the install on the TJM from and the ARB rear as well.

The ARB rears will require you to drill obviously, but more importantly, you have to splice 3 of the 4 sensors to make them longer. Each sensor has approximately 6 wires that will need to be cut.

The front bumper will just need to be drilled. I used black RTV on both bumpers to ensure the sensors stayed put.

Good info. I have yet to splice into my rear sensors harness to extend it.
thanks

I heard in steal bumpers that the sensors will go off inadvertently. is this true? Im assuming everyone is using the sensors that were in the plastic bumpers

I heard in steal bumpers that the sensors will go off inadvertently. is this true? Im assuming everyone is using the sensors that were in the plastic bumpers

No issues with the ones we've done (ARB fronts and non-carrier rears). I'll be doing them in my ARB rear w/carriers shortly, not expecting any feedback issues because of the steel. They are not magnetic sensors rather pulse sound.

I did the rears myself in my ARB non-carrier bumper. They do go off when in reverse sometimes. Honestly, I've been too lazy to diagnose the issue. It's probably one of the four sensors that are bad or something.

One of these days, one of these days...

I did the rears myself in my ARB non-carrier bumper. They do go off when in reverse sometimes. Honestly, I've been too lazy to diagnose the issue. It's probably one of the four sensors that are bad or something.

One of these days, one of these days...

@JBHorne - do you have pics of this or any tips?

Matt

I have the ARB front bumper and the sensors seem to be going off more in the rain. I live in the Pacific Northwest so that means they are weird all if the time now during the rainy season. Thoughts?

Same issue here. Sensors in a Front ARB and a rear ARB non-carrier. Front will go off in bad weather or when an oblect is too far away for it to be helpful when it goes off. I haven’t spent the time to trouble shoot this yet. I’m guess since it is sonar based the rigid steel bumper is messing up the “reflection” of the sound wave signal.
May need to find a way to isolate the sensor from the bumper with a rubber grommet.
Bad weather, rain/snow seems to trigger it too.

I had this issue with my stock and them steel front bumper on and off. Replaced the sensors and all is well even in the metal bumper. You can also decrease the range that they will set off in in your display which will make them a bit less sensitive for being set of by things that are pretty far away.

I had the issue also. What I found was that the holes for the sensor were just a tad too tight because of the powder coating. It cause the mount the sensor sits in to have locking tabs press into th sensor.

I basically, very gingerly, shaved off the powder coating and a tiny bit more of metal, then repainted. That made the locking tabs of the surround fit much, much better anyway, and not be so tight on the sensor itself.

Haven’t had a problem sense, and I’ve driven through two hurricanes and 3 ice storms with it.

That’s pretty interesting. I have an arb front and rear as well and the sensors started acting up in the rain. Maybe I’ll try taco2cruisers method and see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom