Aqualu tub and cowl up close and personal- thought some of you might be interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About $8k for both the tub and cowl, including shipping. It is very stout and well made. It does require a lot of tweaking, drilling, grinding and fitment, but it's pretty sweet!

20190929_103630_HDR.jpg

20190929_103639.jpg

20190929_103654.jpg

20191013_165237_HDR.jpg

I'm mocking everything up first, drilling all the necessary holes, etc, then sending off for paint. I haven't delved into the windshield yet, but my understanding is that the stock glass will not fit the aqualu windshield frame, and either needs to be reshaped or replaced. The cowl comes with a new windshield seal.

I'm mocking everything up first, drilling all the necessary holes, etc, then sending off for paint. I haven't delved into the windshield yet, but my understanding is that the stock glass will not fit the aqualu windshield frame, and either needs to be reshaped or replaced. The cowl comes with a new windshield seal.
Do they offer a template to cut the glass correctly?

Not that I've found; essentially the glass is supposed to be 1/8 inch larger than the frame opening. A template would have been nice, but probably not too difficult to mock up.

I think there's someone here in Seattle that built up an Aqualu cruiser, I should try and track them down and see what they did.

Will you need to install threaded inserts in the top of the rear quarters for the hardtop? Did they address the rounded corners of the 79-83 ambulance doors?

my ambulance doors aren't rounded at the corners.

maybe they are? I don't know, I'll have to check when I get home. hmmm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom