April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (1 Viewer)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be careful, I only looked at one but the ones we want for mud are freezers and fridges with secop 5 year warranty compressors, and those are coolers.

It does look like an ICECO rebrand w/SECOP compressor. Good eye @CowboyTaco

@CooperIce @fe sus @Franknozly

Grab this before it ends! People who miss it can wait for another code when I get it. Maybe I won’t need to.

-Sharpe

View attachment 2983022Technically still $5 more than ICECO with the 15% off coupon ;)

I’m not sure how Iceco measured the vl45pro but I just measured it and the footprint is 26.5” x 16.5”. I’ve been looking for drop slides for it and they end up more expensive than the fridge. I might go for a tilt slide instead. Anyone have experience with the DFG tile slide? BTW I used the fridge on two trips last year and it performed really well. Will be using it again soon.
Well s***. I bought an unused dometic slide off someone for cheap that is 29-1/8" x 16-1/8". I thought a vl45pros would fit since the dimension chart says it's 28.1" x 15.7"....

Well s***. I bought an unused dometic slide off someone for cheap that is 29-1/8" x 16-1/8". I thought a vl45pros would fit since the dimension chart says it's 28.1" x 15.7"....
Yea I am sure that has happened quite a bit actually. Not sure how their measurements are so far off. The slide I am going with for the vl45pro is a DFG slide for an ARB Zero 47 quart. It’s fridge tray dimensions are 28”x 17-1/4”. Pretty close to the 26.5” x 16.5” with just enough room if you wanna add the cover/insulation. Hopefully you can resale that Dometic slide and recoup your money!

Well, the ironman site rejected my order, asked for my electric bill to confirm my address and name, and then after sending then what they asked for and calling in, wasting all my time, they cancelled my order anyways. What a douchebag. I'm never ordering from them again. Wasting my time.

Well @SharpeCat, I guess I'm back to waiting for a code for the vl 65D. Sigh.

Well, the ironman site rejected my order, asked for my electric bill to confirm my address and name, and then after sending then what they asked for and calling in, wasting all my time, they cancelled my order anyways. What a douchebag. I'm never ordering from them again. Wasting my time.

Well @SharpeCat, I guess I'm back to waiting for a code for the vl 65D. Sigh.
Wow. My guess is they sold more than they could actually get at that price and now just looking for any reason to cancel/not honor it. I could always be wrong though.

Sorry you had to go through that. This is why I try not to promise any inventory until I get the official word from Lu. @CooperIce did you at least get your order honored? I know you have a deadline/trip coming up shortly.

- Sharpe

Yea I am sure that has happened quite a bit actually. Not sure how their measurements are so far off. The slide I am going with for the vl45pro is a DFG slide for an ARB Zero 47 quart. It’s fridge tray dimensions are 28”x 17-1/4”. Pretty close to the 26.5” x 16.5” with just enough room if you wanna add the cover/insulation. Hopefully you can resale that Dometic slide and recoup your money!
Interested in learning how the DFG slide works out for you. Did you order with the tilt option? Keep us posted.

Interested in learning how the DFG slide works out for you. Did you order with the tilt option? Keep us posted.
I will definitely let you guys know of the build quality, how well it works (rattles/issues), dimension correctness compared to website, etc. I did not order the tilt, just the regular lock in and lock out slide. It's going to sit on the floor of the cargo area next to a GooseGear drawer system that's on the other half. Hopefully it will work out well, but you guys will be the first to know.

I have a random question about powering the ICECO VL45Pro via DC. Will an ARB DC Power Cord fit the ICECO VL45Pro? It looks like it should with just the regular DC 2 prong female plug into the fridge, but was just wondering if someone had used one before. I am looking at the ARB DC Power Cord since it has the locking 2 prong male cigarette lighter end, so it can securely fit into my current ARB socket that is directly connected to the battery for constant on.

Be careful, I only looked at one but the ones we want for mud are freezers and fridges with secop 5 year warranty compressors, and those are coolers.

When is the VLPro Series going to be added to the Group Buy? I'm needing to order a fridge very very soon for the summer camping season. All I see are three "coolers" which aren't at all what I need.

When is the VLPro Series going to be added to the Group Buy? I'm needing to order a fridge very very soon for the summer camping season. All I see are three "coolers" which aren't at all what I need.
The TRs are freezers and fridges, but yes we are still waiting on word for other models. I know they are busy so I try not to poke too much, but I will let mud know as soon as I find out.

Will send a poke today and see about inventory status for end of this month.

-Sharpe

The TRs are freezers and fridges, but yes we are still waiting on word for other models. I know they are busy so I try not to poke too much, but I will let mud know as soon as I find out.

Will send a poke today and see about inventory status for end of this month.

-Sharpe
Yes! I too would I'd love to hear what's going on with inventory and potential additional models for the group buy. Thank you.

For the record, I was strongly considering the new JPPro+battery deal on Indegogo but the "shipping in June" (with a graphic of a cargo ship) worries me. Early June shipping could get items delivered by the end of June so I'd get some summer usage. But a June 30 ship date (which would still meet their campaign target), could mean a best case of a late July delivery. And If there's another China lockdown or port back up that we don't see coming, they could be delayed until Fall. And I need a fridge now.

Last edited:
I have the TR45 and love it. Get one!

2 yrs later still works
Cord keeper is a must. So the cord wont get smashed by drawer.
Jackery 240 works. Its small and enough to keep in rig.

20220420_124006.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-070855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220423-070824_Gallery.jpg

20220420_155729.jpg

How long can you run on the jackery?
When its in the car running. Its charging thru cig port. Really depends on weather if its hot fridge uses more watts. Safe to say 16hrs could be more depends on watts usage. If you get a 60w panel you can run fridge no prob since the fridge once its cooled runs on low watts. The fridge max watts under 60 so you will be good. I usually prechill the fridge. Meaning have the fridge full of the stuff your loading and get it to temp. If u use jackery to get fridge cold will drop percent of battery life. Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom