April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (1 Viewer)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Subbed

Any update on an upcoming discount?

I have a lot on my plate at the moment and was planning on doing another after i wrap up current project; making 1:8 scale FJ40 and FJ45s for mud beta testers. I am aiming for December to get people ready for their Spring trips. If someone wants to try to organize one sooner, i can give you Lu's number and put in a word; i'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

I'd love to try and get hold of one sooner. PM me Lu's number and I can discuss with him and try and organize one sooner if possible.

Looks like you were right with the labor day sale. Just purchased the VL60 with cover for $720.

Was wondering if the VL65 model was noticeable bigger than the VL60?

Fridge arrived yesterday. Unboxed it today and all seems good. No major dents, a couple scratches probably from shipping and the fedex guys had it on it's side.....

Powered it up today and all appears well. For those that ordered the fridge with cover, how many days later did the cover take to arrive?

Update - With the hurricane here in FL, I decided to run the ICECO fridge inside to keep some bottles frozen in case we loose power. Anyway, I put about a case of water inside on both sides, set the temp to 0F on both sides, left it in "ECO" mode (showing a 26 V) and 24 hours later, the temps are 20F one side, 17F the other side.... I changed it to MAX mode couple hours ago and no difference. in reducing temps and it still shows 26 V I thought these things will pull upwards of 55 watts so something seems faulty.... Definitely not a faulty thermostat reading as the waters have not frozen yet...

Last edited:
Update - With the hurricane here in FL, I decided to run the ICECO fridge inside to keep some bottles frozen in case we loose power. Anyway, I put about a case of water inside on both sides, set the temp to 0F on both sides, left it in "ECO" mode (showing a 26 V) and 24 hours later, the temps are 20F one side, 17F the other side.... I changed it to MAX mode couple hours ago and no difference. in reducing temps and it still shows 26 V I thought these things will pull upwards of 55 watts so something seems faulty.... Definitely not a faulty thermostat reading as the waters have not frozen yet...
I would contact warranty as that is not normal. Both of my TR and VL will hit about 55 to 60 on max and AC power.

Fridge arrived yesterday. Unboxed it today and all seems good. No major dents, a couple scratches probably from shipping and the fedex guys had it on it's side.....

Powered it up today and all appears well. For those that ordered the fridge with cover, how many days later did the cover take to arrive?

How long did you wait to plug it in? If Fedex had it on its side, you need to let it sit upright for a while before powering it on. I would suggest unplugging it and letting it sit for a few hours before powering it back on.

Also, water should be frozen at 20F and 17F.

I agree w/ @SharpeCat about contacting them.

I waited a good day or two before plugging it in. When I initially did, I had just tested it to 35F on both sides and it seem to hit that pretty quickly. Fast forward couple weeks when I actually used it and that's when I described the above.

When set on 0F it seems like it's not turning off/cycling vs when I had it set at 35F, it would cycle on and off and temp would hover -+ 3F either side.

I guess I'll contact customer service, but it appears it's outsourced. Is there someone I could speak with who's actually within the company who could provide a better response to the matter? Plus I already threw away the packaging ect so I can see this being a nightmare already....

I'll give it one more chance and see if it can hit 0F.

Ok, here's what I did. I placed one water bottle in the bigger space side, and set that to 0F. It's starting temp is 43F. The smaller side is turned off.

It's on MAX mode showing 25.7 V. Inside my home, ambient temp 76F. How long should should it take to drop to 0F in these conditions?

Looks like everything is working after that last test. Got one side down to 2F in couple hours and then turned on the other side and it did the same too. Maybe I put too many water bottles in before and it wasn't circulating air properly....?

Looks like everything is working after that last test. Got one side down to 2F in couple hours and then turned on the other side and it did the same too. Maybe I put too many water bottles in before and it wasn't circulating air properly....?

How many water bottles again? I suppose that's possible. And trying to freeze a decent amount of stuff is hard work on a small fridge. Maybe get it to freezing temp before adding stuff in. If the ICECO isn't used much (i.e. powered off between uses) it may be best to pre-freeze stuff and get the fridge to temp before adding all your items to the ICECO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom