April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (6 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SharpeCat when does this GB close again?
We are still waiting on shipment from China for more inventory is what I’m told, so I’m not putting a definite end date on this one yet. I am keeping my eyes open and fingers crossed, as China and overseas shipping situation is very unpredictable at the moment.

Plan is to poke again this weekend, as Lu is usually too swamped on weekdays to work on private deals for us.

-Sharpe

I am awaiting a limited-use coupon (maximum 20 uses). If you have upcoming trip please send me another DM if you have not gotten one already (through Ironman or you went with TR model).

@jrmudder92 speaking of which, how is yours holding out bud?

If you can wait, I don’t plan on closing this GB until you are taken care of; but please do let others with already planned trips go first for this limited coupon.

I will DM back everyone who DMs me as well as send out reminders if needed.

-Sharpe

Have a limited-use code I can DM, let me know if you want one by posting here! You can also DM. I was not given a list for models this applies to, but now is the time to test if you need one.

-Sharpe

Thanks, I was aiming for the VL 65 Dual zone but they don't have it in stock so I pulled the trigger and went for the VL 75 Pro D. Coupon is 20% off, ordered without a hitch.

Went the Ironman route when they had their sale. Was able to modify the slide by adding a couple of pieces of 3/16" flat stock to allow bolting to factory points for 3rd row seating. Cut and routed Harbor Freight jumper cables down through the rear passenger cup holder and up to the passenger side firewall along with a remote switch for the 1000w inverter that's going in at the same time. Still need to get the heavy gauge wires though the firewall but that shouldn't be a big deal. Mounted inverter remote at ashtray location. My plan is to mount the inverter on a molle panel at the passenger side cargo window with a fused 12v cigarette female plug for the fridge from the back (input) lugs on the inverter straight to the AUX battery.
PXL_20220423_214741718.jpg

fridge2.jpg

Have a limited-use code I can DM, let me know if you want one by posting here! You can also DM. I was not given a list for models this applies to, but now is the time to test if you need one.

-Sharpe

@SharpeCat I'll take a code please. At this point, I'll order anything I can since my summer trips start in June and I'm down to the wire needing a new fridge (old one finally bit the dust).

YMMV but I ordered thinking it would take a while for the product to arrive but it was shipped out immediately and slated to arrived in 3 days. So you *may* want to wait for the model that you want to come back into stock, rather than doing what I did.

Ordered a VL45ProS with your -20% code @SharpeCat. Thanks. FYI, my honey browser app knew the code existed, but I'm not sure if that's because I had already typed it in at checkout to make sure it worked for this fridge.

Ordered a VL45ProS with your -20% code @SharpeCat. Thanks. FYI, my honey browser app knew the code existed, but I'm not sure if that's because I had already typed it in at checkout to make sure it worked for this fridge.
My pleasure boss!

I’d be very impressed if it did as Honey usually takes time to find new codes and confirm them, but it is definitely possible.

Still have a few codes to give out, just DM me for the 20% that applies to all models, and use the links on first post for bigger discount on TRs.

-Sharpe

My pleasure boss!

I’d be very impressed if it did as Honey usually takes time to find new codes and confirm them, but it is definitely possible.

Still have a few codes to give out, just DM me for the 20% that applies to all models, and use the links on first post for bigger discount on TRs.

-Sharpe
DM sent

I'm in the market for a fridge, debating wether to go for the VL45ProS or do VL 60 Dual Zone.
If you got large bulky items, get a single zone. If you want to be able to make ice / keep ice or other stuff like seafood and icecream fresh then you'll need the dual zone.
One thing to consider is that once you cut the box in half to divide into two zones, each zone is isn't very wide and you won't be able to say put two milk jugs side by side, there just isn't any space. Keep that in mind if you got like a large rack of ribs or something.

I'm in the market for a fridge, debating wether to go for the VL45ProS or do VL 60 Dual Zone.
What @Franknozly said is on point. The divider does take up a lot of space but ice cream is nice.

I’ll send you a code for when you decide, not sure how long it will be good for as it is limited use.

Thanks to sharpecat for the code, my vl45 came in a couple weeks ago. Has anyone had any luck finding the DC plug for the fridge to build a longer cord with thicker wires and eliminate the cig lighter adapter?

Thanks to sharpecat for the code, my vl45 came in a couple weeks ago. Has anyone had any luck finding the DC plug for the fridge to build a longer cord with thicker wires and eliminate the cig lighter adapter?
How long do you need it? It's rated for 10A at 50ft so there's no issue if you know what you're doing, you can just take the cigarette lighter part off and crimp / solder another attachment on it if you wanted to.

How long do you need it? It's rated for 10A at 50ft so there's no issue if you know what you're doing, you can just take the cigarette lighter part off and crimp / solder another attachment on it if you wanted to.
10 to 15 ft. Cutting and splicing the existing cable is a last resort, I would like a new wire running from my fuse block to the fridge connector if I can find it.

10 to 15 ft. Cutting and splicing the existing cable is a last resort, I would like a new wire running from my fuse block to the fridge connector if I can find it.
All the portable fridges basically use the DC wedge shaped connector but most posts talk about trying to modify their things to another plug like an anderson plug with success. Haven't found anywhere that even lists what kinda connector that is and where to get one.. if you find out let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom