Appliance General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like I bought the last of the $54 pair or like everything else the price just went up for no reason.

Here is the screenshot of the particular flavor of knockoffs I ordered.
9808AEB7-8F4E-47E0-8887-39FD7E662258.png

Surely a treatment plant effluent pump falls under appliances. Pump was replaced when we bought the house 4 years ago but quit spraying. What a fun and smelly job this was. Pump was cooked from intake being plugged. Tried to clean it up but it’s completely cooked. Can’t have a replacement until Wednesday so I had to dig up the emergency overflow pipe so that it could drain without backing the whole system up. I’m glad I’m not a plumber/septic tech as this is some disgusting stuff.

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

Rob start adding yeast to your system, routinely, this will allow bacteria to grow and eat the stuff up. Done this for 10 years…. Funny our septic company says we still don’t need our tank pumped.
We do this 2-3 times/ year.

Drop in something like this with a filter to prevent the clogging. Especially if you don't have a separate pump tank.

Mine is actually just a submersible pump that is sitting up on a couple of blocks to keep it out of the sludge with a float. Much less prone to clogging. But I have a 2 tank system, so I don't get as much solids into my second tank.

F the pump. Leave the drain line exposed. Done.
Yea it drains across the driveway so that’s not an option.

Drop in something like this with a filter to prevent the clogging. Especially if you don't have a separate pump tank.

Mine is actually just a submersible pump that is sitting up on a couple of blocks to keep it out of the sludge with a float. Much less prone to clogging. But I have a 2 tank system, so I don't get as much solids into my second tank.

My set up is 2 tanks as well. Its aerobic system with an aerator in the first tank. In theory there shouldn’t be anything to plug the pump in the second tank but apparently something made it through the chlorinator. I’m going to write it off as a fluke but spent the extra $48 for the 3 year no questions asked replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom