Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto Naviplus Group Buy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ty240

SILVER Star
Threads
Update #6: The current discount is 100AUD using coupon code APR5 for all LC200/201 products.

Update #5: Naviplus just informed me the coupon code is active and the new units are in! You can find the Land Cruiser units here.

Update #4: It seems that all models previous to MY2016 require modification to the oem unit to bypass touch selections. The plug and play option will be available in two months. If you’re willing to wait then another group buy will follow.

Update #3: Naviplus says 2013-2015 LCs will require modification of the oem units to bypass touch selections. A plug and play option will be available in a couple months. For those that are willing to wait, I’ve asked them to offer a discount code when the new unit is available.

Update #2: I’ve just been informed that the discount is 100AUD for those with a Lexus and the discount code is APR5. Naviplus says the Lexus units are already priced as low as possible.

Update: The discount code has been provided by Naviplus. Please keep an eye out for a pm. As per the agreement with Naviplus, Please refrain from sharing or releasing the code to others. Code will expire by September 5th, 2020. Thanks!

Naviplus has agreed to a flat 200AUD discount code. The offer will be a limited time offer and you will need to add your name to this thread in order to receive the code via pm. They do not want the code to be released on the internet.

*The sign up list will be available until Saturday, Aug 22, 2020.

Original post below:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777
11. txmeatball
12. tabraha
13. j54
14. bennygp
15. mooneywa
16. chowchilla
17. scottsndale
18. danny noonan
19. cru1s3r
20. ravivt
21. bulletsmith
22. epc3
23. kms254
24. seajeff
25. jbssfelix
26. jamgolf
27. capital e
28. bigdaddy200
29. laserturbo91
30. onesprung60
31. dmoz
32. fdmd
33. propofol
34. jdbearden
35. gentimmy
36. talkingmeds
37. austindave
38. spoetzl
39. aflamm
40. sc4ta
41. joltman
42. maluch
43. indycole
44. tonyholland00
45. iowalc200
47. dntlflosstycoon
48. mars911red
49. thomasgs4
50. drcocacola
51. jzelnick
52. scderby
53. landyandy

Last edited:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2017
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers.

I would be tentatively in for a buy. Would like to see the price first.

It's important to note that the 2018 year is split up into two types of head unit from Naviplus. So it's actually 2016-2018 (resistive screen) and 2018+ (capacitive screen) for the breakdown of these Naviplus units. I happen to have a 2018 with the resistive screen, and thus would be in the 2016-2018 group.

Also, their site seems to have a discrepancy for the LC years for those units. The title on the pages show 2008-2013 (while showing 2009-2013 in the image), 2015-2018 (while showing 2016-2017 in the image) and then finally 2018+ (which matches the image).

I would be tentatively in for a buy. Would like to see the price first.

It's important to note that the 2018 year is split up into two types of head unit from Naviplus. So it's actually 2016-2018 (resistive screen) and 2018+ (capacitive screen) for the breakdown of these Naviplus units. I happen to have a 2018 with the resistive screen, and thus would be in the 2016-2018 group.

Also, their site seems to have a discrepancy for the LC years for those units. The title on the pages show 2008-2013 (while showing 2009-2013 in the image), 2015-2018 (while showing 2016-2017 in the image) and then finally 2018+ (which matches the image).

Updated to reflect resistive vs capacitive in 2018 Toyota models.

Interested as well, depending on price. 2020 HE and would be in for the wireless and steering wheel add ons as well.

Wireless and steering wheel controls

Last edited:
I may be interested, but it's not clear to me if the 2010 LX option is just CarPlay or AndroidAuto too? I would need ideally both, and definitely the latter.

I may be interested, but it's not clear to me if the 2010 LX option is just CarPlay or AndroidAuto too? I would need ideally both, and definitely the latter.

I’ll post the response from Naviplus when available.

Interested in this given the price, '10 LX.
Those curious about the difference between these and Vlines: these seem way more "OEM". From what I've looked into the Vlines have their android system (personally hate these) with carplay/android auto capability. These seem to just be carplay/android auto.

I’ll post the response from Naviplus when available.

Thanks! One other clarification, is the steering wheel option just to enable factory steering functionality, or is it a whole other button that needs to be run etc?

Interested in this given the price, '10 LX.
Those curious about the difference between these and Vlines: these seem way more "OEM". From what I've looked into the Vlines have their android system (personally hate these) with carplay/android auto capability. These seem to just be carplay/android auto.

Agreed, been seeing the same thing, and a lot of 'quirks' seem to be mentioned for the VLines - the only other one that is cropping up is the EC Offroad option that appears to be even more OOTB, no other mics or GPS units to run, all plug and play. I've got a question out to them about pre-2013 LX compatibility as they don't currently have that listed on their site.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777

Put me down as interested.

Thanks! One other clarification, is the steering wheel option just to enable factory steering functionality, or is it a whole other button that needs to be run etc?
The SWC option enables the ability to skip music tracks using the existing steering wheel controls.

Naviplus informed me the unit supports both CarPlay and android auto.

The steering wheel option should enable factory steering functionality. In the other thread, some report volume only while others have track skipping enabled. Not sure why the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom