Appalachia Cruisers chit-chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A good friend of mine bought a new printer and he's doing some custom decals. This is one he did for his 2005 Taco and he's working on one for my Land Cruiser. I'll post it when he gets finished. If anyone has something they want put on a decal, let me know and I'll hook you up with him.

Here's a couple of the first ones he designed. There's no Five Rivers Overland, just something he goofing around with and I stuck it on the back of my Cruiser because I thought it looked cool with the 80 on it. It's about 10" in diameter.

Here's a couple my buddy sent me that would be about the same size as the rear TRD decals. He made the background about the same color as my 80 so I could see what it would look like. I think I like the first one best

Here's a couple more. He hasn't printed anything, just seeing what they would look like.

Actually think I like this one best

Last edited:
Those are pretty bad a$$.

@My4x4FJ40 Lee are you putting an LS into an 80? If so, any info on the motor/ trans/ t-case setup? I may have accidentally stumbled into an 80 that needs a motor and this is something I have been curious about. Is the LQ9 /4L65E /203 /split case your combo? Any info you could share would be appreciated.

So what does this sound like (other than expensive)

92 FJ80
LS motor and trans swap matted to a cruiser case
4Wheel underground front 3-link
9.5" front hybrid axle using a Diamond housing
9.5" rear FF
37s on beadlocks of some sort
bumpers/ sliders and belly skids
gutted interior, seats, cage and tunes

Thoughts?

Last edited:
@My4x4FJ40 Lee are you putting an LS into an 80? If so, any info on the motor/ trans/ t-case setup? I may have accidentally stumbled into an 80 that needs a motor and this is something I have been curious about. Is the LQ9 /4L65E /203 /split case your combo? Any info you could share would be appreciated.

So what does this sound like (other than expensive)

92 FJ80
LS motor and trans swap matted to a cruiser case
4Wheel underground front 3-link
9.5" front hybrid axle using a Diamond housing
9.5" rear FF
37s on beadlocks of some sort
bumpers/ sliders and belly skids
gutted interior, seats, cage and tunes

Thoughts?

Sounds like a great Build, this setup i have originally was going in my 40 but I have put it on the back burner for now I would definitely go with the adapter for the 4L65E to the fj80 case and not use the 203 doubler in a 80. That would be a whole lot easier Build as I'm going to have to cut into the tunnel to put this in but I will have 4.0 low gears and triple sticks.

Merry Christmas AC!

looking at types of different headlight options. Was thinking of these, they are a 7" round headlight and are made for a 2007-2015 J--P JK. I know, the heep word. Someone in the 60 series main page used stock jeep lights and were a direct fit.

246128MO2G.jpg

Anyone have a recommendation for local fj40 mechanic. Have a friend that would like to have a guru check over a vehicle.

Does anyone have a car hauler to put my 60 on so that I can get it to the muffler shop?

Sorry Ryan, I got nothin'.

I drove my 60 to the muff shop with open header.

Sorry Ryan, I got nothin'.

I drove my 60 to the muff shop with open header.

I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks for posting Andy

When do you need the trailer?

Not as soon as I was thinking. Not gonna have my 60 ready by GSMTR so don't know when I'll need to take it to the muffler shop.

Boooo!

Sorry bro. I know you've been busting your hump to get it done. GSMTR will be good inspiration to help you get it finished. We'll see it at next GSMTR for sure!

At least you have progress reports on the 60. I haven't been able to do anything with my 40. My winter plans totally fell through. I'll be driving it to GSMTR, and parking it. No trail driving.

Bright side, at least you can drive the 40 to GSMTR!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom