Anything Alarming Here at First Glance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening all! I am very intersted in picking up this modded 2007 LX 470. But I have read some less than flattering things about the seller -- European-Cars/Dave Gitman -- here on iH8 today. Could this be a case where this is actually a good pick up? It is my desired color combo and already lifted -- all I would do is swap out the wheels. It's perhaps a bit pricy as advertised but unmodded similar mileage 470s don't seem to be going for much less online (at least where I am looking). My plan was to have a PPI done but interested on anyone's guidance as to dealing with this one.

I have no knowledge of the seller, but my gut feeling is it's a "quicky build" made to flip.
Don't get me wrong, it looks very nice and the (limited) undercarriage pictures don't show significant rust or obvious attempts to hide it.
It's basically just a lift kit, skid plates and basket bolted on the stock roof rack.
Also, it''s about due for a timing belt service and if you don't do that yourself that's about another $12-1500.
Just seems quite high priced to me. And do further research on the seller if you've seen something about him.
Really a nice looking truck but just hate to see your enthusiasm bring you unpleasant surprises.
Good luck!

I think it’s a $20k truck, tops. Keep looking, unless it checks all your boxes and money isn’t important to you.

It’s been listed for many months. I inquired about better underbody pics as it looks like things have been undercoated. They didn’t respond. It sounds like they pretty things up and also photoshop a lot. I wouldn’t risk it. Found a 2007 with 87k miles and no rust for low 20s…be patient.

I would pass, especially if they can't/won't produce better underbody pics

Seems over-priced in the current market. From that part of the country, DETAILED underbody pictures are a must or it could turn into a problem.

We paid $15k recently for a 2002 lx470 rust free with 143k and suspension recently swapped out for the LC lifted version by Slee. It still had the original plastic heater T's and a busted clock spring though. Timing belt was done. That price seems high to me.

No opinion from me without seeing underneath the vehicle along with the stuff that actually matters. No details on the lift?

You're in NJ? If you have $27K to spend you have a lot of options......Start looking for rigs in Nevada and other southern rust free places for less $$ and just fly out and pick it up.

Maybe search classifieds on here as well for mudders with known vehicle history

These trucks are very predictable and if maintained properly without a lot of rust you can take the chance on flying elsewhere to pick one up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom