Anyone with an 80 or 100 interested in tint that matches stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BamaHeel

Intergalactic Champion
Threads
A guy on the 100 forum in Jacksonville just posted up that he has found tint that matches the stock tint - pics really look good. Don't know if the place will order a roll without more than 1 set of fronts sold so wanted to let people know.

It's Viper ceramic window film. If anyone has someone else that can get this film I would be interested to know as I've really wanted to get my front windows done but nothing matches.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/592149-redid-my-tint-found-very-close-match.html

Last edited:
Here is where I got mine

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/362327-good-match-bronze-tint.html

toyota 009.jpg

Thinking I might like to get the winshield and two front doors done also.

Are the 80's and 100's particularly hard to match? I had Llumar 20% put on my front two on the Tacoma, and it's almost spot on. Exterior it looks identical, and interior it's a shade cooler color temp (a little less brown) but I even know that it's different, and I have to think about it to notice it.

I had the rear windows tested with a meter before I had it done, and they measured 18%.

Edit... just read the linked thread... I guess the Taco is a different color temp factory tint. That's bizarre.

Change was made 2004 + prior to that it is this bronze reflective tint that is impossible to match and hard to come even close.

Change was made 2004 + prior to that it is this bronze reflective tint that is impossible to match and hard to come even close.

Man I actually paid attention over the past couple days looking at trucks on the road. Those windows are REALLY brown compared to the current tint!

have the tint laws changed in AL?...I've noticed a number of trucks with very dark tint almost "blacked-out"... is that now legal to the extent anyone knows? In years past there was some rule about the percentage of light that was either blocked or that the tint allowed to filter through.

Reviving an old thread as I'm looking to see what you guys are using to match the factory tint currently on front windows of an 80.

I bought enough of the bronze from a guy on here who bought a roll to do the front windows of my 100.

Had some place in the hood put it on - was pleased with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom