Good match to bronze tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
After reading this thread about matching tint I started calling around to my local tint shops to find anyone using Llumar Bronze 35. It seemed there was little call for bronze colored tint these days and nobody stocked the stuff. Because it could only be ordered in rolls of 100 feet the shops wouldn’t order it unless I paid for the entire roll, since they feared they would never use the rest. So I ordered the whole roll. Now I have enough to do the front windows on 15 more 80s! Anyone else is in the same predicament I was and is in need of some tint?

Update: The stuff went fast! As of this morning it's all gone. If anyone wants to order a roll from a tint shop the exact tint is Llumar Bronze ATR 35 BR SR HPR.

Here are some pics. As you can see it’s a good match, lighter obviously, and not quite as reflective, but close enough to look factory imo.
tint-1.jpg
tint-2.jpg
tint-3.jpg

Last edited:
A few more pics
tint-4.jpg
tint-5.jpg
tint-6.jpg

Looks pretty good - except for that black spoiler thing over the rear window (4runner piece?). :)

JDM bling!

Alright, I'll bite. Whatcha asking for enough to do the fronts?

The PO did some funky job on mine that makes the front windows look absolutely horrible (darker) compared to the rears in some light. Hasn't been high on the priority list, but irksome when I notice it...
DSCN4833.jpg

I have about $2.40 a foot in it. So $14.40 for 6 feet, enough for both front windows. I figure a couple bucks for a cardboard shipping tube, so call it $17 plus shipping.

Matches pretty good. It looks almost identical to my match.

But mine is OLD and scratched, dinged, and pealing in a few spots.

Let me evaluate mine and figure if I want to replace and ill let ya know.

IMG_8119.jpg

mine looks a little darker though, could be the angle and lighting though.

I can swing that. PM me with your info and I'll get a check in the mail in the next few days. Only 80 some feet to go!

Looks awesome Keep! If i weren't in CA I'd do the same. Nice teflon wheels, by the way!

I wanted to do all my windows a little darker than they already are because of the Arizona heat. I like the color of yours.

PM sent.

Did you do the tinting yourself? I've never done this and might be interested in tackling it myself if I can do a good job.

I'll take six feet at that price. The stuff I have is a little too dark. I'll try to send a PM if your box isn't full.

Just PM'd ya

Just sent you a PM. This is just what I needed.:)

Thank you,

Stephen

Definitely interested! I hate my early 90's purple tint, haha. PM sent!

As of this morning all the tint is gone or claimed.

Ive tried a few choices as well (stripped and retinted 3 times in various attempts) and found a 20% bronze with a higher reflectivity (more mirror-ish type reflection) was even closer. No matter what I did, I couldnt get a true match.

BUT, much better than the non reflective charcoal! The old tint looked way out of place.
abc.jpg

eek im too late

Ive tried a few choices as well (stripped and retinted 3 times in various attempts) and found a 20% bronze with a higher reflectivity (more mirror-ish type reflection) was even closer. No matter what I did, I couldnt get a true match.

BUT, much better than the non reflective charcoal! The old tint looked way out of place.

what brand? im guessing the same however I want to be sure.

what brand? im guessing the same however I want to be sure.

Solarguard. Next go around, ill try for something with more reflection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom