Anyone Use USA Standard Gears? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been forced into a complete front send service and I am considering doing 5.29's at the same time. Nitro's and install kits are a pretty penny and I am not in a position to be dropping a ton of money but do know gears are in my future. I really don't feel like doing the front end service again when I install gears. Hoping to save some money I found a set of USA standard gears from these guys: 5.29 Ring & Pinion Gear Toyota Landcruiser (GZ TLC-529)

Pretty cheap price and could keep the price to a reasonable level. Does anyone here have experience with these gears? If they are garbage I will just have to hold out.

I would not cheap out on gears, especially something with AWD. I have always used precision gear. I have heard good things about Yukon and Nitro. The cheaper gear sets need more fine tuning to get the pattern and backlash perfect and sometimes this cannot be achieved with with the cheaper gears like the house brand from 4Wheelparts. I could understand using a cheaper set in the front of a part time application where it would normally be used for low speed. But this is just my opinion.

gears

The cost difference is not that much when you consider the difference in quality. If you do it right it can last forever, if you cheap out you could be doing it again shortly. Also their install kits have the wrong parts. I am biased, but I'm not afraid to say that I am also quite experienced, if its for a toyota, you want Nitro. Also, does the vendor in your link: -Have it? -Answer the phone? -Able to answer any questions when you have troubles? I see your in CO, slee stocks some of these gears, so you might want to give them a call.

I have been forced into a complete front send service and I am considering doing 5.29's at the same time. Nitro's and install kits are a pretty penny and I am not in a position to be dropping a ton of money but do know gears are in my future. I really don't feel like doing the front end service again when I install gears. Hoping to save some money I found a set of USA standard gears from these guys: 5.29 Ring & Pinion Gear Toyota Landcruiser (GZ TLC-529)

Pretty cheap price and could keep the price to a reasonable level. Does anyone here have experience with these gears? If they are garbage I will just have to hold out.

Thanks for the info, figured they were probably not the best.

There really is not that big a price difference between them and the Nitro, I would spend a few extra $$ to get the Nitro's. JT's service has been fantastic in the past and help myself and many others I know personally out.

I had Nitros in my 4runner and never had any issues with them the guy that set them up said they held a nice pastern and looked good.

You need customer service, quality of parts, and support. I've never heard of USA Standard Gears before.

x2 on the Nitros and Just Differentials! There was a post recently where a guy had to ship stuff back twice before he got what he needed. You'll get better service from a MUD friendly vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom