anyone running a short passenger side exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
care to share some pics, opinions?

canadian.jpg

side-2.jpg

will try dumping 2 1/2" system, in front of the rear tire and go from there...

thanks,
manny

I'm at 1500km of my BJ40 for pic but if you do that you need to keep your top and door. When you drive under 20m/h you'll have some smoke inside. I run 2.5'' glasspack exaust right in front of my passager side tire. Sound is good, not to loud but some smoke run inside by rear door if you have some holes.

I had mine like that for a while, was pretty loud, even with a turbo.

concrete medians kindof reflect it back at you as you drive.

Actually I've noticed worse smoke/smell issues with the tailpipe out the back , especially with the soft top, but I changed from the short setup just because of the noise.

Too bad, it's a lot easier to build the short exhaust...

cheers,
ryan

I've been running mine for about 2 years now. Basic muffler setup with 2" stock diameter out of a 3B.

Works fine....
Cruiser with OME2.jpg

currently running soft-top, run open during the summer...hardtop has been in storage for years :p

conversion is almost done:

merc-05.jpg

pretty committed to exhaust going down passenger side:

oilFEED03.jpg

was going to run open (turbo acts as muffler), may add glass-pack if too loud :)

thanks for the input.

nice read...and sweet install :)

thanks for sharing.

I am in the process of changing mine back out the rear for a DD I wouldn't recommend side exhaust.. Either way make sure it points down rather then out the side. It makes it much quieter, but I guess with a rotten old truck you would be more likely to smell fumes...

no flex joint?

thanks for sharing guistou...nice pics :beer:

exhaust is in...I like :)

05-31-11951336.jpg

05-31-11951641.jpg

05-31-11951644.jpg

06-01-11950922.jpg

IMG950309.jpg

IMG954988.jpg

Back from the Con...she did fine :)

I did use my granny-gear much more then previously...prob. because the om617 doesn't have the off-idle torque my 2F had.

I used a total of 9 gallons of fuel from Pollock Pines to the springs and reverse-route back to Pollock Pines.
Guess I'll be leaving the jerry can at home next time :)

here's a vid for your viewing pleasure:

‪my junk on the Rubicon Trail :)‬‏ - YouTube

3 inch right off the turbo, a short flex pipe, and then a 4 inch chrome tip
I like how it sounds
I stuck it out the side a little extra because the box and wheel were getting all black
IMG_3919.jpg
IMG_3921.jpg

I think I may redo my exhaust this way on my 60... For those that did this on their 60, what did you use for hangers? I thought I could use the two bolts holes in the frame where the stock hanger goes...
Any problems for anyone with the heat from the exhaust causing cracking or rusting on the floorpan, how far from the floor should it be? (I want to keep my rust free FJ60 that I will be driving soon, pristine!)
mainlander I like how yours looks, sent you a pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom