Anyone pick this one up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Congratulations! Looks like a solid purchase, Look forward to hearing more about it!
AAD5BA56-B431-4482-95A4-92F76D9F6160.png
AAD5BA56-B431-4482-95A4-92F76D9F6160.png

Good lookin truck!

That is a sweet looking truck, however I"m not sure at 6'5" I'd fit in a single cab so well. I had an HJ45 and it was really tight.

I've driven a 75 Series Ute on trips that exceeded 16 hours in total drive time and the good news is that after the first couple of hours you can no longer feel the bottom half of your body so the lack of leg room is no longer important. :)

I've driven a 75 Series Ute on trips that exceeded 16 hours in total drive time and the good news is that after the first couple of hours you can no longer feel the bottom half of your body so the lack of leg room is no longer important. :)
I drove said vehicle about 4200mi. and felt my lower half the whole way. Don't know if that was a good thing or not ;)

Cool truck, for sure. Now he wants to sell this one. For Sale - 1985 BJ70, LHD, 12v, in Utah/USA

Legroom figures for non US spec Land Cruisers are elusive. I know that the FJ pickups suffered from a ridiculous lack of legroom, just like FJ40. However, not all standard cab pickups from the '90s are inevitably bad. My '95 Nissan 4x4 has 42.2 inches of legroom, adequate for me at 6'5" and significantly more than a stock 60 series at 39. 39 wasn't enough for me, I had to modify it.
As I recall, my BJ70 was also better than 60 series.

I've been eyeing some old pickups here in the UAE. Pretty beat up. And not all that cheap. And I have yet to see a diesel here. Would the 22K USD price at the auction still be 'good' if it was for a gas engine version? I don't want to make a business out of redoing and importing old 70 Series but I try not to go underwater, and I enjoy the process of importing the old LC's. (I have a Model 77 in transit to VIrginia now.) But I do try to do a back of the envelope calculation before taking one of these projects on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom