Anyone know how this Turbo Timer works? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
Recently picked up a 61. Great bones but needs a new trans (auto) and the sunroof is off track and has leaked for years. So I’m pulling the interior and checking everything out and came across this HKS turbo timer. Wires run up and seem to tie into some connections below the steering column. Have never seen one of these before. The module powers up when the key is on. Any feedback on what it does would be great. Thank you. Jimmy

07C61CC5-21F7-4DB5-84C9-1095D39ECB54.jpeg

B28590ED-5E4A-49F6-937C-BA9DA49F7CD4.jpeg

AAC2E9F4-948A-4018-95A1-D5A2E30BC959.jpeg

CA7DBF94-0947-4728-9BED-312DE026F606.jpeg

Recently picked up a 61. Great bones but needs a new trans (auto) and the sunroof is off track and has leaked for years. So I’m pulling the interior and checking everything out and came across this HKS turbo timer. Wires run up and seem to tie into some connections below the steering column. Have never seen one of these before. The module powers up when the key is on. Any feedback on what it does would be great. Thank you. Jimmy

View attachment 3293327

View attachment 3293328

View attachment 3293329

View attachment 3293330
Never mind…just got off the phone with @drenmaster and he explained it to me. And it actually works

Glad you got it sorted. I’ve only had one very short experience with one. Didn’t realize they were a thing anywhere but Japanese or German street racer type cars.

Glad you got it sorted. I’ve only had one very short experience with one. Didn’t realize they were a thing anywhere but Japanese or German street racer type cars.
Valuable on anything with a turbo. My Audi has a factory coolant after-run pump to accomplish roughly the same task.

They were reasonably common in Aussie turbo diesel cruisers for a while.
Most useful thing about them, in summer you can set the timer for 5 minutes. Lock the car. Go into the store for bread and milk and leave the AC running.

I don't think they achieve anything in a typical diesel street car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom