Anyone have experience with these gull windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Price seems pretty reasonable once converted to usd. Haven't seen anyone run this brand, anyone have any experience or thoughts?

I didn’t even try the US to CAD conversion plus shipping and duty. Not enough Kleenex around to console me lol. Wonder if the Aussie kit would ship
without glass. Get a glass shop to cut and fit

Love the wagon gear stuff but have always had a hard time buying anything from him ..he's always outta stock. Bought my tailgate hatch from huracan fab in Australia and got it quick and significantly cheaper... Prob not as nice as wagon gear stuff(seem he really overbuilds stuff)

Yodateq and LCphil were doing the gull windows (maybe still are) for the 80 series..
One of them talked about possibly doing them for the 60 series, but lack of interest brought it to a quick death....

Yodateq and LCphil were doing the gull windows (maybe still are) for the 80 series..
One of them talked about possibly doing them for the 60 series, but lack of interest brought it to a quick death....
Thanks Frank! I'll reach out to them

"No permanent modifications are required on the vehicle - no drilling or cutting of the body, the EmuWing frame is glued in place of the existing window and can be removed in future." :rolleyes:
There are install vids on YouTube, looks like a straight forward install. I had a set shipped directly to @kelly saad so I haven’t seen them. It will be a learning experience for all.

@60Works has some flip up windows... pretty sure he has a different take on them now that they are installed.

Ordered the 3xm version, they do ship to usa but can't insure the glass. I'm taking my chances, will let you guys know how it goes. Was a little over 1k$ usd shipped after converting from Australian dollars

@60Works has some flip up windows... pretty sure he has a different take on them now that they are installed.

My flip up side windows are from Wagongear. Love them! (probably because I forgot what I paid for them 5+ years ago).

If you run a rear bumper with swing outs that hamper lift gate access; you will appreciate opening quarter glass.

Everything Kevin makes is high quality. He hand crafts it all in his spare time so having to wait for an order (and pay him reasonably for his time) is to be expected. He builds with steel so its all also kind of heavy. If you get the window, cargo panels, and tailgate lid you may want to add another leaf to your springs.

Getting the latches to work consistently took some work. They are quality Southco latches but the loose/tight/too tight margin is very narrow. They reuse your existing glass so you don't loose any tinting or stickers you love. Plus it would be easy to replace a broken pane.

I bought a set of these. They arrived very well packaged and at the time I ordered the exchange rate set me back $750 for the pair. Pretty sweet deal. Again, I haven't installed yet, but I'm impressed with the build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom