anyone else have this dash squeak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very unaccustomed to this from LC's -

I've got a squeak center dash, near the windshield but sounds deep in the dash; intermittent, there some days and some temps and not the next. It seems to get better if I push on the center arch of the dash over the nav unit back and up.

I've put up with it for a year or so as the local dealer admitted they'd "never opened up one of these dashes before"; and I did not want to be the beta test - but it is getting worse and making me avoid driving it -

just wanted to see if anyone else had this and knew the fix so I could direct the cure, thanks

I don't have one in my LC....but had one in my Acura....wow they can be annoying!

Radio/CD? I had it sortly after my first swap. Lived with it. Just swapped again...told them to be careful....squeak is gone! ????

it sounds like it is below the trim area where the dash disappears into the defroster valance.

It's a virgin dash, never been apart, original nav, I've had it since it had 22 mi on it

makin me NUTS as I focus on it now but mostly makin me not drive it which is BAD

Maybe a solution is to drive it on a bad washboard road and hope it shakes whatever is making that sound loose or at least re-aligns it so the sound isn't as bad?

Colicious, that is actually great news! that is exactly the spot and what I'm hearing

which means there must be some attach point or brace or some such that can be tightened or re-routed or something

now; has anyone had their dash out, and is familitar with that area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom