Anyone doing the Red Clay Rally? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a couple of friends that are doing it this year. They wanted me to do it with them, but my schedule didn’t work out to do it. That, and I have a few more things I need to do to my LX to make it happen. Maybe next year.

Anyone here doing it or has done it the past two years? Would love to hear experiences about it. Would you do it again?

Info on event? Date, location,....

Almost like a Cannonball type race. It starts Friday 5/31 and runs to Sunday 6/2 . All I know about it is what I've read on the website and what my friends have told me, and all they really know is where to show up somewhere in TN. You don't get a course map, you're penalized for arriving at each checkpoint late and penalized more for arriving early. Seems pretty intense and possibly pretty fun. The headline on the webpage "3 days: 600 miles: 1 goal: Finish"

Just copying and pasting, sounds fun!

RCRmoonshine.png

The Red Clay Rally
500+ miles of overland travel. On road, off road, technical driving. This rally brings back the true meaning of "overland" before instagram hipsters turned it into glorified car camping. This rally is not for the faint of heart, the novice, or the whiners. You must understand the limits of your truck, your body, and your team to finish. You will receive no assistance, and must be completely self sustaining for the duration of the rally. The rally is who we are, and if you finish, it will become who you are, too. Its a family.

© 2018-2019 Red Clay Rally LLC
instagram: @overland_tennessee

A little follow up to this thread. How did you think the event was handled? It does seem like a good event, but reading some older posts it gets a bit of a bad rap with teams screaming up/down trails. I know they say it isn't a race, but you are racing a clock. Has it improved over the years? Thanks

@FJCowboy The organizers have run this event without any permits or permission from the property they run the course on. It was also discovered that they cut new "obstacle" trails without permission and flaunt the Tread Lightly motto. I was intrigued when I first heard about it, but now I want nothing to do with it. You might want to look into it more closely before participating. YMMV

@FJCowboy The organizers have run this event without any permits or permission from the property they run the course on. It was also discovered that they cut new "obstacle" trails without permission and flaunt the Tread Lightly motto. I was intrigued when I first heard about it, but now I want nothing to do with it. You might want to look into it more closely before participating. YMMV
@BMThiker that was what I reading from some of the older posts. Have you heard any updates on how it is being run currently or is it the same? I was hoping some of the more recent attendees would weigh in. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom