Anyone? - CLC Classifieds thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fountainhead said:
s***... pretty sure I'm responsible for this purchase. Add the sixty bucks to my tab.

Hush Padawan.

What are you building again?

Damn you type a lot....

The case in question was slated for a '76 Pig that's undergoing a mechanical upgrade/overhaul with the intention of producing a reliable, comfortable, highway speed capable DDer.

Here's the short list of "improvements" listed to highlight the degree of insanity from which I suffer, almost in a "cry for help" manner:

'76 OE 2F block, decked and bored
2F Late 1.5 OS pistons, rods, cams, lifters...
3F head milled with OS intake valves
3F ported intake/exhaust manifold
3F carb
2F big cap
3FE PS pump
3FE A/C compressor
Mini Truck PS
'76 OE AC evaporator (RHD control)
H55
Split case with OE drum brake ( I know, I know)
Overhauling the balance of the drivetrain and mechanical, blasting and coating all that can be removed. At a later date, probably late fall or next spring, will pull the body off and complete the rust abatement and refinements felt necessary to DD a 40 year old vehicle.

The hotline to call to report is (800) HELP-NOW.

I hold Fireman partially responsible.

What did I do now? Lol.

I am going to trade in my 2003 Lexus LS 430 within the next two weeks. I am ready for something a little smaller. I thought I would put it out there to see if anyone here was interested in it. The car is worth a whole lot more than the actual cash value. They are as well built as any Toyota automobile.

The car had hail damage from the storm. It was repaired at Barnett's using only paintless repair. While repairing the hail damage, they were nice enough to repair every single door ding. it currently has 0 door dings. It looks better than when I bought it. Paint is in good condition with the usual paint chips from all the highway driving I do. Leather is in great condition.

currently has 170,000 miles
USA Spec Pa-15 Ipod/Iphone cable added
Replaced both Valve Cover Gaskets 126,000
Mass Airflow sensor replaced 136,000
4 new Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires 75K mile tires 143,500 Thanks Chris!
Replaced DS front door lock actuator 155,000
Replaced DS pre cat O2 sensor 156,000
TB/WP and serpentine replaced; Radiator flushed at same time 157,000
Oil changed every 5000 miles
Tires rotated every 5000-7000 miles as needed
Most recent oil change with both cabin and airl filters replaced 167,000

The trade in value on this car is 4900-5400 per KBB. The private party range is 5300-6700. I would list it on Craigslist for 6500 but would let it go for 6000 to mud members. This is a whole lot of car for 6 grand.

Only things I know of that it needs are new front rotors (wheel shakes from 60-40 and then stops). I haven't been worried with it. Rotors are 100 each and can be changed in an hour. The front control arm bushings are starting to crack. Finally, there is a slight leak around the oil pan. It's not leaking enough to add oil between changes and doesn't drop on the ground. Integrity said they wouldn't worry about it.

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer them. I don't have any pics right now because I am at the office, but will add some soon.

Martin

SOLD

Thanks Cameron. Hope you enjoy her! Glad she went to a fellow CLC guy!

SOLD 18s.

Also have one 16 OE 100 wheel powered coated black with a worn out 285.75.16 BFG AT. If you want it give me a fair price and it is yours.

Last edited:
SOLD Thanks Cameron. Hope you enjoy her! Glad she went to a fellow CLC guy!
Cam Let me know when you are ready to 901 that bad boy..,,, Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
HOT DAMN!

I'm having second thoughts about being an engineer. I'm thinking about getting into the pimp-game :grinpimp: I might have to holla atcha, Bomar!

Seriously, this is a very sweet ride and has been extremely well taken care of. Martin gave me a folder full of maintenance records & receipts and another folder with every project and modification he's done. He pointed out flaws I would never notice, and gave me the full run down on making this kitty purr before handing over the keys.

I couldn't be happier.

:steer:

Cam, what you doing with mom's 80? 76 FJ-40- Dingleberry. 88 4Runner-Ecco's Limo 13 Land Cruiser-Family truckster

Eventually upgrade to a 100/470. Preferably in white to contrast Mom's dark hair.

Ive got a brand new 3 core aluminum racing radiator for a fj40. It is currently installed in my 40 and has been there for a few weeks.

Why am I selling it? Well, when I ordered ii, it has a small pin-hole sized leak at the base of one of the cores. When I say pin-hole, I mean it was the diameter of a sewing needle. I dabbed some epoxy on it, and it stopped leaking. I called the company I ordered it from and complained that they sent me a defective part, and instead of them wanting me to ship on back to them, they just sent me a new one.

I am keeping the 2nd one, and selling the one with the repair.

It looks great, and the only modification that has to be done to get it to fit, is the inside corner of the toyota radiator support bracket has to be cut. Very easy.

$100

4kw Onan RV generator

Used low hours good running gasoline 4kw Onan Microlite RV generator $1500

Text me if interested 985-630-9825

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom