Anyone? - CLC Classifieds thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys this is a super nice rig! Saw it before and after restoration and Danny did a great job on the restoration. You want a rig that is good to go for many years then this is the one. I can get you a number if you want to contact him.

Guys this is a super nice rig! Saw it before and after restoration and Danny did a great job on the restoration. You want a rig that is good to go for many years then this is the one. I can get you a number if you want to contact him.

Jeff, any idea about the price? My neighbor is still looking for a cherry 40 that doesn't require any work. This one may be too $$$ nice for him but I thought I'd ask. He's talking about spending $15K+ for the right truck.

I'll check on it.

I was going to ask what Lee did..... gearing, lockers, hard top? who did restoration?

standing by

I'm gonna let Danny respond but it's gonna be more than what you want to spend Shush. Hard top is there and restored as well.

I've decided to part with some stuff that has been sitting.

CUCV D60 front axle.
- 4.56 gears
- "Open"
- Stock 35 spline at carrier, 30 spline at lockout
- Factory lockouts

I believe it's complete. If anything is missing, it will be a couple of small parts that hold the caliper to the bracket. Working on pics. Wish it wasn't dark at 5:30 PM
frown.gif

$1000 picked up in Hot Springs.

Oh I'm on your side. I would love for you to have it but you will have to "show him the money" if you want it. I know the figure but will let Danny fill y'all in. I know it has a 2.5" Hell Creek lift, 33x10.5 BFG's, profile cage kit from Metal Tech, all rubber is new on the hard top (windows) and the motor has been rebuilt and I know he replaced metal in several places due to rust repair. Don't think there is much bondo on this one.

Interesting story on this 40. An old Starkville policeman drove this truck around Starkville for years and I would ask him every once in a while if he wanted to sell it and he always said no. Finally he came to me and said he'd sell the old 40. My Father in Law wanted it so we hooked him up. The FIL never did anything with it and sold it to Danny. There should be several pics of this truck in various stages of restoration. I'll have to find the thread.

Yeah - It will be more that $15k I can assure you. But I restored everything. I just never put the hard top back on after painting. But since I didn't put the hard top back on I have been lazy and have not re-installed the glass either. I have glass for 2 hardtops.

Like I said, I'm not quite settled on a price - I have $25k at least in it (I stopped counting at that point).

you are also welcome to call me to discuss. PM for a phone number.

Its in Jacksonville, FL

Thanks,
DRay

You can also find me on FB under Ray Beeson - some photos there.

Nolan - I would love for you to have this rig!

I took the before/after photos to the retired policeman's widow (cause like Bodean said, I was also bugging him to sell it) and she cried when she saw it.

Yeah - It will be more that $15k I can assure you. But I restored everything. I just never put the hard top back on after painting. But since I didn't put the hard top back on I have been lazy and have not re-installed the glass either. I have glass for 2 hardtops.

Like I said, I'm not quite settled on a price - I have $25k at least in it (I stopped counting at that point).

you are also welcome to call me to discuss. PM for a phone number.

Its in Jacksonville, FL

Thanks,
DRay

You worked your ass on this truck. I hope you get the $$$ you want for it.

Mud folks, as you know, are cheap as hell.

What gave you this outrageous idea?

Beautiful work DRay! Best of luck with your sale. That will be the right 40 for someone.

tailgate and sill look pristine :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom