Anyone? - CLC Classifieds thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As luck would have it I won an SSO front bumper for a 2014 and up 4Runner. Retails for $855. $500 takes it. Will deliver local but buyer pays shipping if I have to ship. Holla!
SOLD!

Hey guys, I know none of y'all know me because I've been MIA for quite a while but I'm actually a charter member of CLC and I'm finally admitting that I have too many projects. The 1970 FJ40 that I started and then mothballed about 15 years ago needs to get out of my garage. I got the "frame" part of a frame-off restoration finished and then family and career (and a frame-off '79 FJ40 project) got in the way and I never got back to the '70 project. I finished restoration of a 1967 DONZI ski boat and now have two mustang projects that are ahead of the FJ and I need to build a house so my loss could be your gain. I'm attaching some photos of the project and I think you'll see that the work done so far is very high quality. The original motor and trans was replaced with later model 2F and the front axle was also replaced to get factory disk brakes. The front axle hubs etc. were completely rebuilt with new bearings, seals, etc. The rear axle was converted to GM disk. I added the PTO to the transfer case and have a factory PTO winch that will go with the truck. The frame was completely torn down, sandblasted and painted with POR15. The tub is pretty solid other than some typical rust in the floor pan on the driver side and a little rust on the bottom of the doors and door sills. I really don't have a good idea what this project is worth but if anybody is interested in looking into it, let me know and we'll go from there.

71engine7.JPG

71engine9.JPG

P0000030.jpg

P0000031.jpg

P0000033.jpg

Cross post my m416. I’m headed a different direction.

Still ISO a 1FZ motor. My buyer waited too long to give me the go ahead and the one I found may already be sold. Any leads are appreciated.

~Erin

Last edited:
Check with Alfredo. He mentioned having at least some of core-quality. May have a runner too. He’s on all of the FB cruiser groups, not sure what his handle is here on mud.

Check with Alfredo. He mentioned having at least some of core-quality. May have a runner too. He’s on all of the FB cruiser groups, not sure what his handle is here on mud.
I'll message him. He and I have spoken before.

If anyone knows of a reasonably clean 1st gen 4runner for sale for not a ridiculous asking price, we are kind of looking. prefer 4cyl 5 spd.

TIA

If anyone knows of a reasonably clean 1st gen 4runner for sale for not a ridiculous asking price, we are kind of looking. prefer 4cyl 5 spd.

TIA
Bobby Moran @ The Cruiser Co. In LR has a very clean '85 that might still be for sale. Has mild lift, 4cyl, 5 spd, etc. He's offered it to me several times in the last few years. Ask was very reasonable.

Cross post my m416. I’m headed a different direction.

price drop

While hunting aftermarket gauge options I stumbled upon a website that makes what I was looking for but they are out of stock but then this caught my eye. I’m in the wrong line of work $10k for a 2f?

Would like to buy a blank gauge kit for an 80 from them though.

While hunting aftermarket gauge options I stumbled upon a website that makes what I was looking for but they are out of stock but then this caught my eye. I’m in the wrong line of work $10k for a 2f?

Would like to buy a blank gauge kit for an 80 from them though.

Thats not way out there. No core....he’s about 30% high. Sells every one he makes I’m sure to these guys that buy shiny South American 40s with no anti freeze in them

I swear those used to be $12K.

If he’s putting $4K worth of custom rods & pistons, providing a core, and running it on a Dyno after, you approach $10K pretty quick. Lotta extra billable hours in there.

I guess I don’t get it. If the 2F market is that strong and customers are willing to pay more power to you. Never thought I would hear $4k rods/pistons and 2F in the same sentence. For $10k I’d rather have a brand new LS7 from GM. To each their own.

I guess I don’t get it. If the 2F market is that strong and customers are willing to pay more power to you. Never thought I would hear $4k rods/pistons and 2F in the same sentence. For $10k I’d rather have a brand new LS7 from GM. To each their own.
Then you need an adapter. A harness. A radiator. A transmission (.how are those working out?) and and and and...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom