anybody running Xterrians (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had my Xterrians on for about 2 weeks and i took it on one 4wheel trip and my back tires have already got knobs ripped off. anybody else have this problem. Should I call Pro Comp and give them some hell?

I should have let some air out!1!!
Tim

I'm not but curious to hear what the deal is b/c i was going to get a set. I thought they looked cool and had a set of the mud terrains. I thought they were good tires other than trying to keep them balanced.

X-Terrains going on in a week or so when the new rims get hear. I searched the web before buying them and the only negative thing I could find is that some Jeep guy bout a set of 33"s. But when he measured them out they were more like 32". He actually raved about how well they handled the offroading but dumped them because he wanted 33" tires. He even posted a e-mail from Pro-comp which stated that the government mandated tire labelling to some extent and that the site showed the correct size in the spec sheet. He didn't care he just had to have 33"tires.

This can happen with any tire given the right situation. A guy in our club just ripped all of the outside lugs on his Super Swampers off. He didn't air down and drove a particularily challenging section of trail laden with rocks. My BFG MTs have some slight chunking too.

Is that what happens when you do not air down? I did not air down that day and hit some pretty rocky trails and and the lockers on doing some spinning. I was running about 32 PSIG in teh tires. Will not letting air out cause the tires to chunk more??

Tim

UH YES!!!!
on the pro comps when off road on slick rock in moab I ran about 22 psi. could have gone lower as I had 33x12.50 on 15x8 rims but felt the height loss was not worth the chunking factor for the terrain. that being said I still hated mine on the highway but loved them on the trail can you say really hard to balance now that you have peices missing?
Dave

Ive been running mine for about a year now,but no real rocky trails,mostly highway except for this fall hunting season(but thats mostly muddy fire roads etc)we were able to leave the 4wheelers on the trailer most of the time this year though.

when i hit the mud they really came through,one thing i have reallized though,the cruiser is a heavy girl and will slide in muddy terrain til you give her some gas,then look out,she goes where she's pointed!!!!!

i definately need a dedicated tow vehicle though(so i can lose the trailer hitch),as i dragged the hell outa the damn factory hitch on most trails(maybe i just need that lift now,instead of later)

not torn anything off of mine yet

doug

Why do so many people not air down on trails?

Just drive slowly post trail or bring a tank to air up...

These tires are designed to have less air in them offroad in order to perform as advertised.

I propose a new rule:

No one can ask questions or complain about a tire offroad unless they have tried 18-20 psi while offroad.

Posted by: DanKunz Posted on: Today at 09:40:52am
Why do so many people not air down on trails?

Good point Dan... :cheers:

You know we all started some where, so....
I think some here in the 80 /100 series forum, may not be as experienced as other off road model owners. But airing down is a necessity to take full advantage of a tires footprint. I think quite a few do know this we just need to educate others, or have them "search"....

"Xterrains"
These tires are a directional tire and with that in mind they do not brake as well, and provide less traction when backing up... For a "mild" mud tire they do provide surprising traction going forward for the same reason. I would prefer the BFG mudder KM over these tires and another surprising tire off road for the budget is the General Grabber MT's...

Hey Tim... :)
Give them hell, although with the cold weather tire temps here lately and not airing down would lead to this problem and all of it contributing to what happened. I have 38" TSL/Sx swampers on my "other" truck.... Excessive or continual tire spin can be brutal
to a lot of things besides your tires... so throw a winch up front or get a tug next time might work better. Hey we need to go wheelin' up at TSF in the next couple of months. Just curious, where did you buy the Xterrians..? 4wheel parts..?

Don't Air Down Tyres that are'nt designed to be. :slap:
If you have a crash, Your Insurance Company will use 'em as a scape Goat. :'(

Anyway I've only Aired Down once when I drove the FZJ80 on sand. 30PSI in the Yokohama Geolander GO30 270/70 R16(Directional Road Tyre), Dad usually runs 48PSI in the Tyres. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom