Anybody raise the rear panhard at the axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe you are hyper sensitive to stuff. Or I drive slow.

10" is a lot of suspension travel for most scenarios. Though it did, I didn't notice the lateral displacement going away when I went from an angled panhard to a triangulated setup.

To be fair, the 'silver bullet' Was coilovers and air bumps on all fours. It could haul ass on some pretty messed up forest/fire road stuff and got air(I'm no Robby Gordon) on the little country road irrigation canal rises.

If my wife drove it and got some distance between the tires and pavement she would end up in the other lane when landing and getting that panhard shift sensation.
image.jpg

Panhard very much resembled the 80 factory setup (though both drive side frame attachment) Zin relationship to the axle/ground.

To be fair, the 'silver bullet' Was coilovers and air bumps on all fours. It could haul ass on some pretty messed up forest/fire road stuff and got air(I'm no Robby Gordon) on the little country road irrigation canal rises.

If my wife drove it and got some distance between the tires and pavement she would end up in the other lane when landing and getting that panhard shift sensation.View attachment 948862
Panhard very much resembled the 80 factory setup (though both drive side frame attachment) Zin relationship to the axle/ground.
I would have a hard time downgrading from that rig to an 80. Sure, you have more space to carry stuff, but... that is pretty sweet.

So I measured the chassis side center of the bolt and it is 21 1/2" from the ground and the axle side bolt center is at 17 1/4" leaving 6" from the top of the axle side bracket to the upper frame. I can pretty much stuff the driver side rear tire so would any binding/interference occur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom