Anybody have Techstream - Need to program FOB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All -

Just picked up a 570 that only came with one key. Read that you can program another one if you have one working FOB and techstream. Wondered if anyone had it that I could borrow to do a bit of programming? Also happy to slide by someone's house to get it done.

LMK and thanks!!

I have it. You're located in Denver? There is a slight chance I may be passing thru there next Monday. If I do, could meet up quickly and drop off the cable (you can bring it back to me in Charlotte at some point). You would need to download the software from this post and read thru the entire thread for tips/troubleshooting: How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-to-techstream-in-5-minutes.1034923/

I also suggest purchasing a cable as it's very handy to have and you never know when you'll need it again. There are a few options from cheap to expensive (see thread for specific recommendations).

Plenty of Chinese pirate versions on the Amazon

Thanks @OB-1 , I went ahead and bought one as you suggested!

Thanks @OB-1 , I went ahead and bought one as you suggested!
@Jeff Elliott I'm in a similar boat and am curious how the process went for u? I’ve been researching TIS and cables for another fob and also for registering some denso TPMS sensors on our family 570. Which cable did u end up snagging, and more importantly did it work?

@Jeff Elliott I'm in a similar boat and am curious how the process went for u? I’ve been researching TIS and cables for another fob and also for registering some denso TPMS sensors on our family 570. Which cable did u end up snagging, and more importantly did it work?
I did buy the cable (Washinglee OBD2 Diagnostic Cable for TOYOTA Lexus Scion Support Techstream Win10 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Washinglee-OBD2-Diagnostic-Cable-for-TOYOTA-Lexus-Scion-Support-Techstream-Win10-/392969525822?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0) and it worked fine. Was able to program a FOB without issue. Followed the instructions on this site for getting techstream working and no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom