Any suggestion on repacement cd changer for LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looking to replace my broken 5 disc cd changer on myLX450. Any suggestion on what good cd changer on the market that will fit well in the existing slot located on the botton of the console? I would consider replacing with OEM from Lexus , but the dealer qouted me with an outragous amount.

Thanks - Jeff

LX450- I tried finding a replacement that would fit in the small compartment in the center console, but I was told nothing would fit without extensive modification and I might have to get rid of my heater fan in the process (this is from a custom audio shop that does *everything*). If I were you, I would just go with an in-dash changer or the common box-in-the-back changer. Lemme know if you can find anything that will fit the stock location.

I dont have the LX..i got a '96 LC. But, about a year ago i was shopping around for a cd changer to add to my stock deck. I couldnt find one that i like/was compatable..and fit where i wanted it.

So..i just pulled my stock radio out and installed a PIONEER "Single din" deck. The GREAT thing about this pioneer deck is that it also doubles as a MP3 player it looks great..all the lights and graphics match the same green tint as the other interior dash lights. It is definitely the BEST car deck i have ever owned :D. Basically, i burn the MP3's onto a regular CD (using my home pc) and just put the burned MP3 cd into the pioneer deck..just like a regular CD. One burned CD holds about 180+ SONGS. So, w/the pioneer on random..i only have to change 1 CD about once every 2 months or so to get new music.

Also, the open space left over after putting a single din deck in the double din stock radio space was a perfect fit for my Cobra (single din) CB. :D

LinkPhoto

This isnt a CHANGER..but, it a great alternative.

later..
joe

I replaced my stock head unit with a double DIN unit from a Mazda. 6 disc in-dash changer with the cassette. The only problem is that Mazda used a goofy "light module" to control the lights, so mine don't work with the headlights on at the moment. It hasn't bothered me enough to mess with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom