Any snorkel options that aren't too snorkely? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Really just looking for an option of a better air filtration system for very dusty roads. Don't plan to cross streams or rivers, would just like to relocate the air filter higher.
Any suggestions?

Really just looking for an option of a better air filtration system for very dusty roads. Don't plan to cross streams or rivers, would just like to relocate the air filter higher.
Any suggestions?
I think you have the option of the 'normal' style from dobinsons, ironman, ebay, etc. or the lenzdesigns option. The lenzdesigns option is the most sleek, but some have had quality control issues with the product.

Short of something higher with a precleaner, you won’t be able to do much if hidden is what you are looking for.

FJs had a sort of in-line cyclone precleaner you might be able to retrofit. This thing:
You’d probably need to run it on the fender well side of the intake which might require a little diy with intake tubing.

I'm looking for the same thing. I thought I saw a custom made tube and filter routed up to the windshield cowl. Not sure if it was for my vehicle but I'm almost positive i saw it here on ih8tmud. Looks more than doable on my GX470.

You could work up something like this option for the FJ cruiser.
20121127_151701.jpg

Actually, just found that TJM does have an application for the Prado 120... should need a little bit of modification for GX470, but I've heard most do. Maybe worth trying out!

011sat0288i-2.jpg

011sat0188i-04.jpg

011sat0188i-02_0.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom