Any good solar charge controllers that do both lead acid and lithium? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Are we there yet dad? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The dead horse icon is not even appropriate here since you can't beat a dead horse that has already decomposed to dust and blown away....

We've already told you the victron unit will work fine, yet you continue to analyze, discuss, dig a hole, bury the result, dig it back out and analyze again and .... If we were discussing a multi k$ device then, fine, but this is about $100. A couple of ok meals at a restaurant with the better half, not a round the world vacation.

Life is too short man, just get on with it already :)

cheers,
george.

Lol.

E-so do you have one or still thinking about it? I’m kind of lost how much of this is setting up your system or how much of this is the voices in your head talking to you. But if you want to borrow a panel and a charge controller to prove it works, I’ll lend you one.

So, this begs the question: How does a Moderator moderate a Moderator? :worms::bounce::rofl:

I have two paralell charging isolation systems in my truck.

My start batteries are two Group 31 Duracell AGM's wired in paralell...this is required since turning over the 6BT cummins draws so many amps.

I have a 3rd group 31 AGM in a battery box built into my drawer system, this is what I use for accesseries (compressors, fridge etc).

For primary charging of my auxilary battery I use the redarc BCDC1225D with 40amp blue seas midi fuses on the positive cables.

I also have a blueseas ML-ACR isolator wired in between my starting bank and auxilary battery. This is so that I can combine all three batteries together for jump starting or winching purposes. All of these are mounted inside my rear quarter panel along with and ARB dual compressor and a fuse panel.
I dont know if you can answer this but I put in a 150amp alternator, but the red arc actually charges the batteries all the way up unlike just the alternator on its own? I have 170AH worth of battery now.

The $99 mppt charger thread I started here is about a very nice Victron CC that has a lithium setting plus a custom option you can set any way you want. Mine has been going full time going on 3 years or so now.
Plus the mavens of mud here have given it high marks too.

:cool:

Victron make excellent controllers and configuration is a breeze with their app and bluetooth connectivity. A cheaper alternative is the Epever Tracer MPPT controller sold on Amazon. Not as easy to configure but worth a look and the 30 amp model is $90 bucks. No blue tooth or app with this one, but you can get a wired interface - MT 50 remote for it.....

If you call Midnight Solar ask for Tech support or Bob Gudgel. Bob is legendary in the inverter business. He and his partners founded Outback Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom