Any correlation w/miles & fuel pump failure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2015 w/27K awaiting dealer to get parts for recall......

I have little faith in local Toyota dealer techs, but no choice to get it covered under warranty.

I have little faith in local Toyota dealer techs, but no choice to get it covered under warranty.
Actually I’m wondering if very low miles on an 8 year old vehicle might *make it more likely* as it might indicate long periods of non-use and & periods of aging gas sitting in there… gunked lines, etc.

But that’s just a thought I wonder…not gospel. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: CT3
The pumps just fail, hence the recall. What is up for all the doubt on Toyota dealer techs?
Prior experience with routine oil change (amount of oil) ...Olympic Peninsula.

+ Same dealer quoting $300 for new starter battery.

Actually I’m wondering if very low miles on an 8 year old vehicle might *make it more likely* as it might indicate long periods of non-use and & periods of aging gas sitting in there… gunked lines, etc.

But that’s just a thought I wonder…not gospel. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I thought about your scenario - my LC gets driven 2-3 times a week just not long distances. Always (for the most part) Shell V-Power for what it's
worth.

What years does the recall cover?

I think you'll be fine. They've been changing out tons of fuel pumps on almost all Toyota and Lexus models. Having changed one myself, it's not too bad of an operation.

I think you'll be fine. They've been changing out tons of fuel pumps on almost all Toyota and Lexus models. Having changed one myself, it's not too bad of an operation.
Thanks.......

I will say, after watching the process on youtube there sure are a lot of disconnects / connects of tubing & plugs etc along with dropping the tank.

This job would not be for the "faint of heart" so to speak......

It looks worse than it is. Pretty straight forward once a tech gets under there.

I thought about your scenario - my LC gets driven 2-3 times a week just not long distances. Always (for the most part) Shell V-Power for what it's
worth.

Ya… I didn’t know whether you’d owned it throughout. Sometimes used ones with low miles end up with low miles because they sat unused if someone’s huge stable of toys… Not an issue for you with regular use…

UPDATE: Both fuel pump replacement and seatbelt recalls completed 10/26/2022.
Also had routine service done (oil change etc) at the same time. Appt at 10 AM -
out at 3 PM.

Again.....After watching videos of the fuel pump R & R was somewhat apprehensive the outcome
would be painless. Tech stated that the've done so many that now "they've pretty much seen it all".

Thanks all!

UPDATE: Both fuel pump replacement and seatbelt recalls completed 10/26/2022.
Also had routine service done (oil change etc) at the same time. Appt at 10 AM -
out at 3 PM.

Again.....After watching videos of the fuel pump R & R was somewhat apprehensive the outcome
would be painless. Tech stated that the've done so many that now "they've pretty much seen it all".

Thanks all!
Glad it’s happy again. Double check your recirculate flap in front of the glove box! And if you didn’t this time, lock your glove box and keep the key blade with you to prevent problems in the future.

Glad it’s happy again. Double check your recirculate flap in front of the glove box! And if you didn’t this time, lock your glove box and keep the key blade with you to prevent problems in the future.
Thx for the reminder.....just changed it couple months ago, but double checked all OK. Good tip to lock the glove box.

Side note: 24 hours later on the Toyota Owners website, the routine service, including the recalls had been updated to reflect the work was completed.
Very efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom