any after market 3b heads ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What source did you go with? Are you currently running a cylinder head from a Chinese manufacturer?
Yes look at my just previous post. I bought my head off of AliExpress. I paid approximately $500 including shipping for the new head at the start of covid 2 years ago. Price and shipping is more now it's about $650. There is a link provided in my post. There are many sellers on Alibaba that can supply the 3B head. Some sellers have taken the time to put it on AliExpress which is pretty much as convenient as eBay. My head is for a 3bii. You can find the head for the original 3B. I do not know if a 3bii head will work for original 3B. I had better luck searching for a "Toyota dyna 3.4L cylinder head" Than using Land cruiser for the search term.

Great info robmobile73
Thank you mate for your input!

PS. It seems that now, like with the unobtenium body part/panel, we have to try the made in China!
I mean the Red China, because the other China (Taiwan) we try already, long time ago, in both parts and tyres...

Last edited:
Great info robmobile73
Thank you mate for your input!

PS. It seems that now, like with the unobtenium body part/panel, we have to try the made in China!
I mean the Red China, because the other China (Taiwan) we try already, long time ago, in both parts and tyres...
I remember before I ordered the head I confirmed part number match and the valve sizes were the same.

I've had this new 3B head upstairs in my garage for 10+ years. I bought it from a Toyota service shop/dealership in AU that was liquidating old inventory around 2009. I think they they were closing permanently. I forgot about it until seeing this thread. I suppose I should post it up in the diesel classifieds area at some point before it starts rusting too much.

PXL_20220531_122957299.jpg

PXL_20220531_123002525.jpg
PXL_20220531_123019607.jpg
PXL_20220531_123025042.jpg

Spray it with engine fogging oil

I've had this new 3B head upstairs in my garage for 10+ years. I bought it from a Toyota service shop/dealership in AU that was liquidating old inventory around 2009. I think they they were closing permanently. I forgot about it until seeing this thread. I suppose I should post it up in the diesel classifieds area at some point before it starts rusting too much.

View attachment 3021780
View attachment 3021782View attachment 3021783View attachment 3021784
If you decide to sell this head I'm interested. If it's big valves...

View attachment 3021780
View attachment 3021782View attachment 3021783View attachment 3021784

Talk about some unobtanium.

Worth its weight in gold for a 3B sucker. 😂😂

I've been thinking about a 12ht, but honestly the truck goes down the road fine with the turbo 3b.

they all crack, my original head will be sent out for fusion welding at some point

I've been thinking about a 12ht, but honestly the truck goes down the road fine with the turbo 3b.

1HZ.

That’s where it’s at.

they all crack, my original head will be sent out for fusion welding at some point

My 3B has 110,000km on it. Original.

I’m sure it’s cracked.

I’ll just run with it until it dies some day. Which may be after I’m dead.

So the little 3B will soldier on for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom