Another Trailer Thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, long time stalker, first time poster. I have this old trailer that I've had for the last 9 years. It is in need of an overhaul and I was thinking of making an expedition/camping rig out of it. The main purpose of this is to be able to bring my dirt bike along while camping. I'm thinking of welding on some kind of structure/frame where I would be able to put a roof top tent of the top and still have room below for my bike to go in to middle. I'm thinking of building or buying some outdoor weatherproof boxes for the sides and one on the front to house a battery and possibly a propane tank.

I would want to swap out the axle for something a little more heavy duty and throw on some 31" tires. To accommodate the tires I would cut out a portion of the flat bed to allow the tires to "fit in" I would then weld in some support beams and put a fender over the tire.

The purpose for this post is to get your guy's/gal's opinions and help me out with some creative thinking. Is there anything crazy that goes with swapping out the axle? I would assume it's relatively straight forward. Just need to make sure its square?

Here are some pics of the current trailer. Let me know what ya'll think! I'm looking forward to the project.

PS: The SEi truck in the pictures is not what would be pulling the trailer. I have a 99 3rd Gen T4R which would pull the trailer. It can be seen in the third pic...

20170820_204655485_iOS.jpg

20170820_204646745_iOS.jpg

20170820_204636688_iOS.jpg

20170820_204615172_iOS.jpg

20170818_235305915_iOS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom