Another rust opinion thread 2006 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering a 2006 in great shape…been in the southeast most it’s life apparently….it is under coated.

This pic is worrisome where some of the undercoating has flakes off

2D91DAEE-C15B-4569-BDA8-9B06947B73FB.png

I wouldn’t stress that amount of rust at all.

That one spot is no big deal… depending - as always - on the asking price.

How about:
- the gas tank skid plate
- the muffler
-the front skid
(these are all replaceable parts, but they seem to rust first. If they are, or are not rusted it will inform you/us in assessing the overall rust level).

Also take a good look at the rear of the frame behind the rear tires by the rear cross member / spare tire.

That one clearly had undercoat sprayed OVER rust. While I love rusty vehicles, that one would make me pause and really look at every inch of the frame.

That one clearly had undercoat sprayed OVER rust. While I love rusty vehicles, that one would make me pause and really look at every inch of the frame.
This.

Depends on the price and what the rest looks like. It's going to be hard to tell with the cover up spray job. Read thought all the rust threads then probe with a screwdriver in all known problem areas to confirm you are dealing with solid metal.

Look at the rear axle left crossmember area under the DS coil spring. That is usually the most rusted spot even for a rust free 100 series.

If you are looking for rust free from the south, it must be south of Virginia and not coastal. This is too much rust improperly covered. This is a 5k dollar truck max…. Even as an 06. Saying this as an 06 rust free owner and a 2000 rust owner. Your tolerance for rust will be the deciding factor, not price. Had to add, stay away from all undercoating except for lanolin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom