Another Revtek-Lifted Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

My buddy got his FJ Cruiser on Thursday and we talked him into getting a lift, and some off-road tires. He selected the all-terrains and insisted that we mount them with the white walls out. "It's a retro car", was his weak argument. Anyway, this is the RevTek 431 kit. The tires are 285/70-17. There doesn't seem to be any rubiing after turning lock to lock. We also convinced him to remove the running boards (which he didn't want in the first place). He's currently looking to sell the running boards or preferrably to trade them for some rock rails.

We started last night about 8PM, and did the lift and mounted/balanced all 4 tires. We finished about midnight but we socialized a lot and the install should probably take only 2-3 hours.

Anyways, here's the pics. The darn thing is growing on me.... although I'm spoiled by the off-road capabilities of my modified Rubicon.

FJC1.JPG

nota4re said:
That is one great looking FJ!!!! - Good job on the lift guys!! -looks much better with the boards off as well! - am getting a discount on my loaded C package as the dealer says they will take them off and resell them - BEAUTY INDEED!!!

Last edited:
looks much better, but is there going to be a lift high enough for at least 315's/35's?

damn, lookin pretty sweet. Couldn't help but notice your Jeep in background, which is also blue. Would you perhaps mind posting a pic of your rubi next to the lifted FJ?

Last edited:
dizzle_65 said:
damn, lookin pretty sweet. Couldn't help but notice your Jeep in background, which is also blue. Would you perhaps mind posting a pic of your rubi next to the lifted FJ?

Dude, if he did that, then this forum will eat him alive!!:frown:

BTW, that is one nice FJC!! The lift does give it more character. I would remove that extra aluminum front skidplate...looks kinda weak IMHO. Otherwise, wow!

okay, sorry. Just thought It'd be mildly amusing. I am on the list for an FJC, and saw one at the dealer with the front skid plate. Does seem a little weak. But it'll probably serve it's purpose until a stronger one comes out. Also, it is probably not compatible with the ARB Bull Bar that I want to add.

dizzle_65 said:
okay, sorry. Just thought It'd be mildly amusing. I am on the list for an FJC, and saw one at the dealer with the front skid plate. Does seem a little weak. But it'll probably serve it's purpose until a stronger one comes out. Also, it is probably not compatible with the ARB Bull Bar that I want to add.

Geez - didn't think I liked the Voodoo Blue but your rig looks terrific in that color! -It's growing on me Big Time!-- maybe I just might see if I can change my color order from silver to blue. -

Has anyone seen a yellow FJC yet?

I went to three dealers in Houston today (two Don McGills and Joe Meyers) and only saw one...in Black Cherry. It was on the way off the lot for a test drive when I pulled in :frown:

Tim, Fort Bend Toyota used to have one...Blue 2wd though. Guess what, about 2 days after i saw it, it was gone from the lot. Today, while at Taco Bell eating my Taco Supremes, i saw it again...at the gas station in front of the store. It had a hot blonde driving it too! Double eye candy for me!:D

tarbe said:
Has anyone seen a yellow FJC yet?

Yes, We had one here at the local dealership in Frederick. It was in the process of getting a lot of "secret" dealer installed BS. Pin stripes woo hoo!

The one I saw here in MI at the dealer, which was spoken for was Sun Fusion auto 4x4 with Option package 3, trd exhaust, skid plate, running boards, tire cover, trailer hitch, roof rack, etc. Fully loaded. The guy was having electric brakes installed for towing. Really a cool color in person. The white top and yellow kind of meld together. By the way, it was a very small dealership and it so far was the only FJC they have received.

roof rack

Do you get wind noise from your roof rack and if so what can I do to resolve this problem? I want to upgrade my Bridgestone tires to BF Goodrich AT or MUD 285/70/17 with the stock rims like in the picture. Would I have to lift mine as well or can I leave it stock? By the way I have the same color. Just got the windows tinted today. Looks great!:)

Dude, if he did that, then this forum will eat him alive!!:frown:

Bring it on....

The FJ Cruiser is a great vehicle. Hopefully the aftermarket will be busy to make some even more aggressive lift kits. On highway and in town, the FJ is a much more comfortable ride than the TJ. Off-road, however, the TJ will still reign. Doesn't mean that the FJ can't be made to handle some tough stuff and be a blast to off-road.

Couldn't help but notice your Jeep in background, which is also blue.

Good assumption... but that one belongs to another friend who came over to help with the lift on the FJ. It is an '03 Rubicon with a 4.5" lift, a bunch of other mods, and a Kenne Bell supercharger. Here's a pic of one of our last trips to Moab.

20_GoldenCrack.JPG

Regarding my TJ, it is also an '03 Rubicon. Like Chuck's, we performed some performance surgery on it too...

1_Remove.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom