Another Revtek-Lifted Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tools R Us said:
It's a heep thing, you wouldn't understand!:D

I understand, it's why I drive a Yoda! :D

Heep owners love to stuff cracks...
BrokeBack Moab (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Just not my cup of sweet tea)

Well I am looking forward to being at Easter Jeep Safari with the FJ crew. We will have 4 Fjs on the trails every day for the whole week. Then it is off to Hollister Hills Californa, then back to Cruise Moab for some more fun in the FJ.
Easter Jeep Safari will be a good chance for non Toyota guys to get a chance behind the wheel on the trail. I currently do not know which trails I will have the great pleasure to wheel with folks in the FJ, But know that all the trails in Moab are wonderful to play on. I do know it will be fun time to see what limits the FJ will push and to see how it handles Moab at Easter Jeep Safari.
Can't wait for the next trip. Nice pic's of wonderful mother nature.
later robbie

Look at those tiny cute little tires on that jeep :) Oh and let it be known that I was named Rubicon years before the TJ. And leave it to the cruiserheads that before long, thaere will be plenty of FJCruisers with portal axles and 42 inch tires. As far as bone stock. I think both vehicles are limited to the abilities of the nut behind the wheel. Having a front locker, versus IFS in the front aint that much different for a stock Rubie vs FJ. I say make it a fair competition and see which one is better. Same driver, different obsticles.

Just curious as to how to how this FJ rides with this lift. There has been some talk about how it could make it a rougher ride, and I am just wondering how much it effected it if at all. Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Nolan:beer:

mickey_rubicon said:
Having a front locker, versus IFS in the front aint that much different for a stock Rubie vs FJ. I say make it a fair competition and see which one is better. Same driver, different obsticles.

Well, a Rubicon is more than just a front locker. It has Dana 44 solid axles front and rear. But the MAIN thing that you forgot is the 4:1 transfer case...and a crawl ratio that is about 66:1, almost double that of FJC Automatic.

And let's not forget that Rubicon comes STANDARD with Goodyear MT/R, while FJC comes with highway tires. It won't take long on a moderate difficulty trail to see a difference between FJC and Rubicon (stock vs. stock).

Even a lifted FJC will have it's hands full off-road with a stock Rubicon. On-road, there is no competition, FJC will blow away the Rubicon...hell, a tricycle can blow away Rubicon on-road!:D

Last edited:
nota4re said:
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!!

Where have you been, my friend?? I had heard you were wheelin' with a cruiser this days (errr, excuse me, a Lexus no less!) :)

This was a spontaneous charity lift for a buddy of mine at work. It's an easy job, as you know, but we would have enjoyed to have your company!

Going to Moab, a week from Tuesday. You in???

Cool, have fun and say hello to everyone. I'll be a desk jockey for a while.

That's pretty cool you like the FJ, maybe you and Chuck can do SC and TD/SFA versions or something!:D

why is the troll Thai back on this forum under a different name? Jeez...

saigonsmuggler said:
while FJC comes with highway tires.

So the 4x4 version comes with Hiway tires? No All-Terrains? I mean since the comparison is the top o' the line Wrangler, it should be compared to the top o' the line FJ Cruiser. Seems silly to sell a 4x4 model with street tires if in fact it comes that way.

FirstToy said:
why is the troll Thai back on this forum under a different name? Jeez...

Like Trollhole, weren't i supposed to be on your Ignore list?? :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Land Speeder said:
So the 4x4 version comes with Hiway tires? No All-Terrains? I mean since the comparison is the top o' the line Wrangler, it should be compared to the top o' the line FJ Cruiser. Seems silly to sell a 4x4 model with street tires if in fact it comes that way.

I believe that all FJC comes with either Bridgestone Dueler H/T or Dunlops. You have to option-up to get the TRD rims with BFG AT KO, which is a compromise anyway between on-road and off-road (even though they are my favorite tire).

The front end of my FJ, (stock), looks like it sits a little lower than the back. This lifted one looks like the front is higher than the back. Does it sit level, or not? And, how big of a lift is this? Annnnnd, is this the biggest tire you could fit? Thinking of some mods, but need more info.

Thanks for the help
Kathie

Awesome

Looks damn good. Exactly how i want mine. Revtek 3in lift kit and 33" bfg mtrs.:cheers:

Screw the haters, a nice 4x4 is a nice 4x4 and your Rubicon is very cool. I have owned over 50 trucks and most of my best times were in a '59 Jeep. Thanks for the pics btw.

The Rubicon would do circles around an FJC on any trail ,,,But neither one is worth the money it cost to buy them. You can try to convince yourselves they are great , because let's face it, you did buy them,,,but they will never be a land cruiser.

The Rubicon would do circles around an FJC on any trail ,,,But neither one is worth the money it cost to buy them. You can try to convince yourselves they are great , because let's face it, you did buy them,,,but they will never be a land cruiser.

Waking up an old thread, well done. Thanks for your insight that the FJC will never be a "Landcruiser", oh exalted gate keeper of all things Landcruiser. The FJC is a welcomed addition to the TLCA family by most.

This thread existed as the FJC was released and while it first became available to the public. Since that time, most have been educated on the strengths as well as weaknesses of the FJC and find it a competent, reliable and welcome off-road vehicle.

The fact of the matter is that the FJC is very competent off the dealer lot and with relatively minor upgrades (as outfitted by the former Toyota Trail Team), handles many "high profile" trails.

So, IMHO, your statement of "do circles around an FJC on any trail" is only meant as troll bait...:flipoff2:

I was going to point out that the Rubicon actually comes stock with BF Goodrich KM mud terrains and has for 4 model years...then I realized this thread is so old that it was actually correct when it was written. Nice.

I've owned and wheeled both a TJ and a FJC and I know without a doubt the wrangler is a far better wheeler,,,and Toyota trail team has the money to go and do what ever they want ,,,I've seen them on the Rubicon trail with six support vehicles (2005),, doing what ever it takes to make it through,,,because they can trailer it home when they are done. the TLC is too wide for most trails and the front body mount is too close to the front tires for a simple lift like the fj's they are supposed to be a reflection of,,,please don't get me wrong I think the FLC is a competent wheeler (too wide and complicated for what it is though) and the wrangler is too small (leg and storage room) but the short wheel base is what gets it through or around just about anything not to mention parts availability and cheap. and if the shoe fits shorty.

Last edited:
I've owned and wheeled both a TJ and a FJC and I know without a doubt the wrangler is a far better wheeler,,,and Toyota trail team has the money to go and do what ever they want ,,,I've seen them on the Rubicon trail with six support vehicles (2005),, doing what ever it takes to make it through,,,because they can trailer it home when they are done. the TLC is too wide for most trails and the front body mount is too close to the front tires for a simple lift like the fj's they are supposed to be a reflection of,,,please don't get me wrong I think the FLC is a competent wheeler (too wide and complicated for what it is though) and the wrangler is too small (leg and storage room) but the short wheel base is what gets it through or around just about anything not to mention parts availability and cheap. and if the shoe fits shorty.

I drove the Rubicon (Rubithon '08) with the TTT and the "team" rigs are stock with the additions of a spacer lift, 285's, ARB w/Warn winch and BudBuilt skid plates. I also drove it from NC to the event, drove around CA visiting family, to AZ, Moab, Ouray and back to NC, almost 8k miles. Wanna do that in a TJ?

You clearly don't understand what the TTT was about and who funded it.

The point is...this has all been beaten to death and you woke this thread (previous last post june'06) up just to continue beating this dead horse...:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom