Another OME Leaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the Dakars and they vehicle is leaning to the drivers side. Driven 300 miles since without much change... Going to give it a few more 100 miles, but I am hoping it will settle as the wife is teasing me a bit :)

Check out the photo...

+ side is on the drivers side.
leaning tower of cruiser.JPG

did you install the driver's and passenger's sides to their respective homes? not sure on the numbers, but they are shipped D and P specific. looks like they've been switched.

I had the install done by 4wd parts in San Jose, CA. I inspected it and the + sign is on the drivers side, I thought that was the way to differentiate... Am I wrong?

I have the same lift, + on the driver side (rear), took about 2 months to even out finally.

the spring # that ends in "A" should be left. the spring # that ends in "B" should be right. not sure about the "+" i think that is to tell front of spring from rear.

HTH

mine too

Mine leans too, but the letters were worn off of the springs before I got them, I wonder if there is any other way to tell which is which.

philos1 said:
the spring # that ends in "A" should be left. the spring # that ends in "B" should be right. not sure about the "+" i think that is to tell front of spring from rear.

HTH

This sounds right. I had the same Dakkar suspension installed and it is perfect.

I thought the point of the dakar was that the driver's side spring was actually higher (more arch, whatever), to compensate for the offset of the inline 6 (more weight on the driver's side). So if anything, shouldn't it be leaning the other way?

Mine leans the "other' way

jgordon - your assumption is correct. At least in my world...I have the Dkkar heavies and it leans pretty good to the PS. I can't resize photos at work, but if anyone wants to see a good pic, I'll email it...since I have a tire carrier and bumper, I think I'm going to swap the springs L--->R. I hope that helps it out.

I've wheeled a few times, and loaded it up with about 1000 lbs of tile, then a second trip with wood floors about the same weight, I thought that might help. not yet.

mbsilvia said:
Mine leans too, but the letters were worn off of the springs before I got them, I wonder if there is any other way to tell which is which.

One is longer than the other.... I believe the Long side should be on the DS and short side on PS. Or that is how we just did Username?'s 60.

philos1 said:

HTH

Not sure about and A or B. I just looked at them, and the fronts or CS003F and the rears say CS004R. The Plus signs on the fronts are on the rear of the shock, and on the rears they are on the front of the shock. I checked a few websites that sell the springs and they appear to offer an A and a B on the rears only, but I cannot find a part number with an A or a B on the actual springs. :frown:

Just tell your wife the cruiser reminds you of her...one boob slightly bigger than the other...than will should end her teasing.

The "+" has nothing to do with driver/passenger side

gaylon said:
I had the install done by 4wd parts in San Jose, CA. I inspected it and the + sign is on the drivers side, I thought that was the way to differentiate... Am I wrong?

The + means that particular spring is slightly above spec for flex. If you look some of your springs will have a "0" and some will have a "-". All indicating if the sspring is to tolerance or just over or just under.
The "A" on your rear sping is for the drivers side, the "B" is for the passenger side.
ie "OMECS004RA" IS THE DRIVERS SIDE REAR SPRING.

Roebon,

Do you know her - how'd you know? I do not think she has been to Houston...

Seriously though, that would stop the teasing and pretty much everything else also.

...If you look some of your springs will have a "0" and some will have a "-". All indicating if the spring is to tolerance or just over or just under...

The "A" on your rear sping is for the drivers side, the "B" is for the passenger side.
ie "OMECS004RA" IS THE DRIVERS SIDE REAR SPRING.[/QUOTE]

Mine must all be on the hi side of the tolerance :) As to the letter, in both cases the place on the bracket that springs bolt up against covers the spring just past the R of the part number. The only other numbers I can find are
6AG05 and GV05 on the drivers and passenger side rear respectively.

tcb said:
One is longer than the other.... I believe the Long side should be on the DS and short side on PS. Or that is how we just did Username?'s 60.

Mine was still leaning after being on the truck for 8 months. It also had bad body roll in left turns. Right turns were like a sports car. Called ARB, they said to swap the rear springs, everything should even out.

Tcb and I proceeded to swap the rear springs in record time.It looked good at first, but after a test drive it leans worse, and now leans to the driver's side. Gave them a call back, and was told that I need to remove them again, and measure the height of the short spring on the floor- my symptoms sound like a weak/under spec "B" spring.

That was the first thing I suggested the first time I spoke to the tech dept., but you have to go through their "process" to prove it, I guess. I wish he could have told me about the measuring part the first time around.:mad:

hmmm.....verrry interesting...

so...want ended up happening with the original spring(s) did they replace one or both?

I feel the same way about left/right turns right now!

I'm suspicious about mine, now...On about month 5or 6 and the 'reverse lean' is still there and quite noticable.

CardinalFJ60 said:
so...want ended up happening with the original spring(s) did they replace one or both?

I feel the same way about left/right turns right now!

I'm suspicious about mine, now...On about month 5or 6 and the 'reverse lean' is still there and quite noticable.

I still have to pull them again and measure the floor to spring height when turned upside down on the ground.

Hopefully, the measurement will show that it is under spec, and I can get a new one. I just wish they would believe me or a photo, so I wouldn't have to keep swapping/pulling the springs to prove it.

username? said:
Mine was still leaning after being on the truck for 8 months. It also had bad body roll in left turns. Right turns were like a sports car. Called ARB, they said to swap the rear springs, everything should even out.

Tcb and I proceeded to swap the rear springs in record time.It looked good at first, but after a test drive it leans worse, and now leans to the driver's side. Gave them a call back, and was told that I need to remove them again, and measure the height of the short spring on the floor- my symptoms sound like a weak/under spec "B" spring.

That was the first thing I suggested the first time I spoke to the tech dept., but you have to go through their "process" to prove it, I guess. I wish he could have told me about the measuring part the first time around.:mad:

:censor: :doh:

I should have some time Sunday. My GF has a race at 7:00 am, but I should be available afterwards... 9 or so, if you want to knock it out.

We're gonna be able to open a suspension installation shop by the time we get your rig level.

tcb said:
:censor: :doh:

I should have some time Sunday. My GF has a race at 7:00 am, but I should be available afterwards... 9 or so, if you want to knock it out.

We're gonna be able to open a suspension installation shop by the time we get your rig level.

Sounds like a plan, I'll let you know for sure later today. Maybe ARB can reimburse our "shop rate" :)beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: ) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom