Another NV4500 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a FJ55 that I am swapping engines in again. My last engine was a sbc with probably 200k + miles on it that the cam lobes had gone flat. I have a 454 from a '93 SS454 truck that has been "lightly" modified 400hp +/- according to the speed shop.

Here's my dilemma 1) I don't want to "waste" a big block on a 4x4
2) I have a freshly rebuilt 1969 318 with a mild cam that will make plenty of hp and be probably a better choice as far as an all around engine for a road worthy family trail rig.

Do any of you guys know if the later model Dodge's (1993-1999ish) bellhousing will bolt up to a 1993 NV4500 from a Chevrolet?
Thanks

Pretty sure that the bellhousing pattern is different. I know that the early NV 4500 from Chevy and Dodge had different features internally, so I doubt the bells are the same. You might try searching thru Advanced Adapters listings to see if they list them as interchangeable. John

1993 and up Dodge trans has the same bellhousing pattern as the 1996 and up GM. 1993-95 GM was different. Perhaps you could modify the bellhousing slightly. I think input shaft lengths were different (I'll try to verify that).

Look at pages 5 and 7: http://www.advanceadapters.com/downloads/NV_manual.pdf

Edit: Yeah, Dodge input shaft is slightly longer and the pilot bearing tip is larger. The AA guide has all the info.

PM me sometime if you want to catch a beer or two with a couple of other local cruiserheads. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom