Another LSeat Before/After (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This forum has been great...so I thought I would add a new before/after for seat leather replacement. After patching (too many times, but it did the job) with fake leather patches from Amazon, I finally got around the replacing my leather. I didn't have the time/confidence to do it myself. I found a local shop here in DFW who recommended I buy and bring them the leather and they would install it, which is what I was hoping they would say ;)

I did the front and rear (not third row) and I am very pleased. Now time to detail the carpet lol

LC Seat Before 1.jpg

LC Seat Rear 2.jpg

LE Seat After Front.jpg

LC Seat After Rear.jpg

Looks great. Mind sharing the name of the shop?

Very nice. Did they charge you for the entire job or was it an hourly rate?

How long as it been since they were installed? One of my biggest issues with A/M leather replacement is the fitment. I've seen a few that are really nice, but most are loose fitting and creases around the corners and sides.

Seems like a majority of these shrink after some time, or some steam can shrink the leather to fit better.

Very nice. Did they charge you for the entire job or was it an hourly rate?
When I brought them by, they quoted me and told me to buy/bring the leather. I ordered the leather, went back a month later...had my truck for 3 days. I dropped it off Tues AM and was done by Thursday afternoon.

No changes from quote to pickup/payment.

How long as it been since they were installed? One of my biggest issues with A/M leather replacement is the fitment. I've seen a few that are really nice, but most are loose fitting and creases around the corners and sides.

Seems like a majority of these shrink after some time, or some steam can shrink the leather to fit better.
Less than 24 hours lol, I JUST picked it up this AM.

I was afraid it would be loose...but it is surprisingly tight already. The lead tech who showed me after was great, he told me it would only get tighter with the heat/time.

Less than 24 hours lol, I JUST picked it up this AM.

I was afraid it would be loose...but it is surprisingly tight already. The lead tech who showed me after was great, he told me it would only get tighter with the heat/time.
That will look amazing after some time passes! Keep us posted! My ‘06 will need front leather at some point. Driver leg bolster is going bad, but the passenger seats look mint!

This forum has been great...so I thought I would add a new before/after for seat leather replacement. After patching (too many times, but it did the job) with fake leather patches from Amazon, I finally got around the replacing my leather. I didn't have the time/confidence to do it myself. I found a local shop here in DFW who recommended I buy and bring them the leather and they would install it, which is what I was hoping they would say ;)

I did the front and rear (not third row) and I am very pleased. Now time to detail the carpet lol

View attachment 3588402

What year is yours and what color did you choose

I have a 1999, grey interior.

1711579820634.png

1711579842603.png

And I also ordered a Dove Grey console cover.

huge improvement. I did LSeats for the front of my 80 recently and had great results. L seat is good value for the $$ IMO

Dealer replaced seat bottoms with Lexus parts as they messed up the passenger air bag sensor and had to replace the entire sensor/pad/cover as one unit. I paid for the drivers which was in worse shape. Don’t love the supple leather style but the car is a garage queen with 87k miles. I’ll Leatherique the rest of the leather when the weather turns to reduce the shine and remove any silicone or aftermarket dressing. V happy with the match and install

GUmIDlOTf9y23sNdohzAHIxxgE6934JGDkq1fc6GFCUHmU13uRPIrl9Ythpukyj9NkKRMUu0rEVCQSe_2adGL7VAU14Eu...jpeg

CJC2Cu_LpsGechjVwtyLMjclKcLt7EKMjDsWSVz98khGjVugOboDJ0yNtAaQA0Rd_wun1h9WzhhAueiD7fv4eud4BGpHJ...jpeg

GUmIDlOTf9y23sNdohzAHIxxgE6934JGDkq1fc6GFCVoMEsubS1t4ClEr9KwVwxJNkKRMUu0rEVCQSe_2adGL7VAU14Eu...jpeg

What's the cost difference between the full leatherique restoration and the L-seats route?
I’m just moisturizing and cleaning the upper seats to bring back towards the new more matte finish. No color needed.

What's the cost difference between the full leatherique restoration and the L-seats route?
Front Lseats were $349. I don't know about the leatherier restoration...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom